Artical in the Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artical in the Times

Did anyone see this artical in the Times today ?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...223973,00.html

Also the toyotarisation of Salisbury plain over the last 3 weeks.

Andy.

Never get that in this country. Most of you who go off road regularly keep looking for mud and more mud. No chance of turning that into dust in this country, especially the last few weeks.
    Mike G

Comment

so its the fact that 4x4s are using the desert and not the fact that trees have been cut down nowadays that lends the crust of the earth to be blown about.

Loads of hogwash!!...they'll be stopping the Paris to Dakar Rally next
      Gaz

Comment

No mention of all the military vehicles teararsing all over the middle east either!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
          No mention of all the military vehicles teararsing all over the middle east either!
          or them pesky kids building sandcastles and churning up our coastline!... little buggers!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            or salisbury plain it was a bit of a tank track that gave me the punture.
            can i bill the tank regiment for the repair?
            Oh SILLY POPS as a tax payer i pay anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

or over-farming land without putting any organic matter back- that's what creates the dust bowls in the first place.

I object more to the BMW'isation of the M1.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

so if we are taxed out of the urban areas by our friend Mr Livingstone, and forbidden from herding our camels in the remotest regions of this planet. If we cannot build sand castle's, or let our kids bury us in it. If we can't resolve differences in the Middle East by racing our toys around in circles. If we can't race across the deserts just to say we have done it.....

how else are we to enjoy what little pleasure there is left in this world?
                AndyL

Comment

We're doooooooooomed, we're all going to dieeeeee!

I object to these 'drama queen'isations'.
                  Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

i think we should ban public transport... it all just overcrowds the trains.

also ban HGVs from the roads cos they just stop people getting to the pub on time. and it's not like they deliver the beer in the first place or anything!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                      how else are we to enjoy what little pleasure there is left in this world?
                      Didn't you get the memo? Fun and pleasure are now to be strictly controlled and regulated by the government. We are allotted a small 'personal enjoyment allowance', and once you have used that up you must wear the officially approved 'glum face' and sit at home twiddling your thumbs.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Already environmentalists are warning that dust storms could jeopardise the future of African rural areas in the same way that the Dust Bowl of the 1930s destroyed the prairie lands of the American west, forcing the populations of states such as Oklahoma and Nebraska to migrate.

was the Dust Bowl in the 1930, cos of 4x4, was that a lot of 4x4 back then or was it from over farming. The problem has always been around, its just that know people have time to point a finger. Go find something that really helps people, and stop getting in the way of a small group of people having a little fun and dont do that much damage.
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                        X