Milner's Brake Pads - SVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milner's Brake Pads - SVA

Just had my Surf in for the SVA retest and it failed on the brake test.

Reading that the pads the Japanese put in tend to be soft, I bought a new set from Milner's last week and had them in for the SVA test but unfortunately only had half a tank of diesel for the original SVA so he wouldn't test the brakes.

Took it back today (with a full tank) after taking the edge off the brand new fog light (it failed on that on Monday) and a couple of other minor hiccups. Failed on the brake test.

He's recommended ferrodo or original toyota pads. If I ask for pads for a '95 4Runner are these the same part?
    I've got a '95 KZN130.

Cheers,

Rob.

Originally posted by robinbooth
    Just had my Surf in for the SVA retest and it failed on the brake test.

Reading that the pads the Japanese put in tend to be soft, I bought a new set from Milner's last week and had them in for the SVA test but unfortunately only had half a tank of diesel for the original SVA so he wouldn't test the brakes.

Took it back today (with a full tank) after taking the edge off the brand new fog light (it failed on that on Monday) and a couple of other minor hiccups. Failed on the brake test.

He's recommended ferrodo or original toyota pads. If I ask for pads for a '95 4Runner are these the same part?
    I've got a '95 KZN130.

Cheers,

Rob.
    You may need to find a bit of private road that you can do a bit of bedding in on the brakes as they will be a bit rubbish until you have run a few miles on them.

I found that Milners pads are even softer than the Toyota originals - the brakes are very good but fade quite early. Pads for a 95 runner will be the same as will late Hilux Pickup ones I think - post 1998 with IFS suspension.

Cheers

Comment

part no for toyota front pads for 2nd gen:-04465-35260
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
      X