Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Pitch on Diff Breathers

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the thread pitch & diameter is on the diff breathers?

Are the front & rear the same?

I'm hoping to change the fluid in both diffs and maybe fit extended breathers this weekend - lots of floods on the way!!!

Mark
    :

Originally posted by silvtr1000
    Hi All,

Does anyone know what the thread pitch & diameter is on the diff breathers?

Are the front & rear the same?

I'm hoping to change the fluid in both diffs and maybe fit extended breathers this weekend - lots of floods on the way!!!

Mark
    Mark.

I'm not sure on the thread pitch however you don't need to remove the breather to extend them, just get plastic hose of the right size, remove the cap off the breather - a screwdriver will lever it off, put the pipe on the breather and secure with a jubilee clip.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Mark.

I'm not sure on the thread pitch however you don't need to remove the breather to extend them, just get plastic hose of the right size, remove the cap off the breather - a screwdriver will lever it off, put the pipe on the breather and secure with a jubilee clip.

Cheers

Dont forget to put some filter on the end of the pipes so that water/mud don't get down the pipe. Do a search on the forum for breathers as it will take you to the discussion about them and will allow you to see the web-page where the job has been done
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X