Puncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puncture

Dug a 3/4" brass woodscrew out the n/s front and it's gone through even tho it went in one of the thick tread bit (but not soddin thick enough tho) do they still repair with the rubber plugs like they used to, and whats the cost? (about) its a 33" BFG Mud
    as you can tell it's been yonks since i got a puncture,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

As long as its not too close to the wall they should repair it with a bung or patch, as for cost I've no idea on a tyre that size but a standard tyre is around a fiver round my end, "that's with the wheel already off".
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hi, i had to get a tyre done on my company car !, i took it down to the local Kwik Fit , they put a rubber bung in it and popped it on , No Charge !!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, it gives me some idea, i'm takeing the wheel off and going to the tyre place, prob between 10 - 20 quid for a biggun then,
        i go to the one you went to Rads but it's a bit far

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Thanks guys, it gives me some idea, i'm takeing the wheel off and going to the tyre place, prob between 10 - 20 quid for a biggun then,
          i go to the one you went to Rads but it's a bit far

You can buy your own repair bungs and fitting tool for not a lot of cash ian
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            You can buy your own repair bungs and fitting tool for not a lot of cash ian
            dont they need to take the tyre off to do it?, cant remember

Comment

No need to take the tyre off Ian. Might pay to put it on the rear as well.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                No need to take the tyre off Ian. Might pay to put it on the rear as well.
                Good point mate, the two BFG's on the front are part worn (been on a while) and the buckshots on the back are like new, the plan was to replace the fronts with a pair of buckshots when the BFG's get too bad, so what i need to do meantime is swop backs to fronts,

Comment

garages now charge around the £22 mark. you do need to remove the tyre to do it properly, the other ones aren't very good. they used mushroom type plugs.
                  well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Have used both types in car surf motorhome and motorcycles the type with mushroom needs tyre off, the other sort can be fitted without removing tyre the simple plug type is very often on sale on evil bay for 99 pence and work well.

Comment

I had the same problem once and the plug fixed it no problem, in fact those tyres are still on the truck 3 years later.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

[insert pic of butt plug]

Just realised thats the second, off-topic comment in five minutes.

I'll get me coat.
                        Last edited by dieselboy; 19 June 2012, 09:02.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                          [insert pic of butt plug]

Just realised thats the second, off-topic comment in five minutes.

I'll get me coat.
                          I'll get butt plugged when they give me the bill i think,
                          son's takeing it to get fixed this afternoon so we'll see,

Comment

Hi, are harrington autos still on the go, top of the eastern rd ish, i took mine there after picking it up from the importer back in '03, for a service and cam belt!!!, they seemed ok, well i still have it the surf so not too bad,
                            'erindoors uses it on a daily basis and i get to play at the weekend ,sadly not much offroad, feared of breaking something terminal,
                            still hope the puncture repair goes ok

Comment

I know where you mean, dont think it's harrington any more (if it's the same place i'm thinking of) anyway took it to ATS and it was a tenner as they couldn't balence it so pretty good result,

Comment

Working...
                              X