Another annoyance ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another annoyance ...

Another thing that's been more prevalent lately - gazumping.

I've not been here that long; but I do remember the day when the first person to answer, with an expression of interest, a 'Wanted' or 'For Sale' post was the one that got the deal. Same with eBay, none of us would bid against anyone else on the forum. It was nice and gentlemanly; and it worked fine. In the main, we were all 'friends' and looked out for each other.

Now, the forum seems to be overrun with greedy backstabbers; only thinking about themselves, desperate to make a couple of pounds and not interested who they #### off in the process.

Thinly veiled for Sale ads in 'General', blatant ignorance from relative newbie’s, sneaky, backstabbing PMs getting fired about when interest has already been expressed.

It's not very nice behaviour at all.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

yeah, you tell 'em. I thought the forum had actually returned to a better state recently, being more about Surfs than life in general, with less bitching. Not been looking at sale stuff, so dunno whats going on there. sold mine via the forum, paid my money, first to offer got it. seems only fair! however... if i'd SAID 'For Sale, highest bidder get it before end of the week', then i'd have taken the highest bid.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

I can't help but feel that this thread is directed at me Andy.

Yes my surf is for sale but not for 3 weeks so I'm letting people know in advance as the money will be going towards my new motor which I will be buying the same day I sell the surf.

Also as stated I shall make a healty contribution to the forum for the add & also for being so helpful & supportive over the years.

It is a first come first served sale & if someone wishes to offer me what I want now then that's it "SOLD" don't care who comes along after & offers more its tough as I'm a man of my word.

If I've got it wrong & this thread isn't directed at me then I apologise.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Si you were clear that a payment would be made I doubt Andy is having a dig at you mate.

I think it's more the jumping in when clearly there is discussion going on between a seller and a potential buyer. I was gazumped just recently on a very cheap 3rd gen. No where near as sweet as that beauty you have for sale.
        Last edited by yoshie; 16 June 2012, 11:18.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          I can't help but feel that this thread is directed at me Andy.

Yes my surf is for sale but not for 3 weeks so I'm letting people know in advance as the money will be going towards my new motor which I will be buying the same day I sell the surf.

Also as stated I shall make a healty contribution to the forum for the add & also for being so helpful & supportive over the years.

It is a first come first served sale & if someone wishes to offer me what I want now then that's it "SOLD" don't care who comes along after & offers more its tough as I'm a man of my word.

If I've got it wrong & this thread isn't directed at me then I apologise.
          Definitely not aimed at you Si, for the reasons that Brian said. To be honest, I didn't realise your truck was for sale!

The thread is not aimed at anyone in particular, it's merely (like my last grump) an observation on th way things have changed over the past few years. Although I do think that Brian's gazumping was done in very bad taste (from both the seller and buyer).

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Definitely not aimed at you Si, for the reasons that Brian said. To be honest, I didn't realise your truck was for sale!

The thread is not aimed at anyone in particular, it's merely (like my last grump) an observation on th way things have changed over the past few years. Although I do think that Brian's gazumping was done in very bad taste (from both the seller and buyer).
            I apologise sir.

Do you wanna buy a 3rd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Si you were clear that a payment would be made I doubt Andy is having a dig at you mate.

I think it's more the jumping in when clearly there is discussion going on between a seller and a potential buyer. I was gazumped just recently on a very cheap 3rd gen. No where near as sweet as that beauty you have for sale.
              Note to self:

Must pay more attention to what's happening on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                I apologise sir.

Do you wanna buy a 3rd gen.
                No worries.

Unfortunately, I need to get somewhere to live before I buy any more trucks

Comment

I totally agree with this thread I have a for sale add up at the moment ,and the first to show intrest has got the bits . I'm even holding on to part for a member until the end of the month when they get paid ,because that is the point of this forum to make some freind who have the same intrests as you and to help each other out along the way
                  Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Moaning? you wait until Bath salts go on general sale in Tesco.

We will be overrun with flesh eating Zombies.

Arm up now cos drugsmakeyoumad.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      Moaning? you wait until Bath salts go on general sale in Tesco.

We will be overrun with flesh eating Zombies.

Arm up now cos drugsmakeyoumad.

Nice to see you back, John.......Deranged as ever, I see.......
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

See, years ago it was this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFZzk6O-Uiw

Now it's This

Deranged? maybe.
                        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                        X