Here be a strange place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here be a strange place

There are a few things about this place that have been puzzling me of late.

One of them, I'll no doubt relay the others soon, is the 'opinions' thing.

When someone randomly posts something, but doesn't ask for an opinion; it's somehow fine to give an unsolicited positive opinion, but definitely not OK to give an unsolicited negative one.

I'm struggling to understand why that is OK.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

I agree with your opinion...

Comment

Comment

Am I permitted to have an opinion.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I don't mind

Like most of you, I live in the real world; the place where some folk like some folk or what they say, and some folk don't like some folk or what they say, some folk like most folk, some don't like anyone; it's a nice place to be.

I have no idea where the, fluffy, Lala Land that some people appear to inhabit is.

Comment

It's between Tellytubby land and Middle Earth

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              It's between Tellytubby land and Middle Earth
              I wouldn't want to live there. I like the fact that, in our world, we can have opinions, both positive and negative, and arguments; but still end up pals.

Comment

Opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one.

I'm happy by this, because sometimes a negative comment (as long as it is constructive rather than just a "that's s***!" kind of comment) can be useful to highlight something you may not of considered or give you an idea for something better.

The best thing about opinions is that if you don't like them then ignore them!
                Leaky Surf

Comment

Everybody should have opinions.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                    Everybody should have opinions.
                    I agree, and we should be allowed to express them; but, unfortunately, the princess population (and their chums) don't seem to be able to.

Comment

[QUOTE=Albannach;767632]

When someone randomly posts something, but doesn't ask for an opinion; it's somehow fine to give an unsolicited positive opinion, but definitely not OK to give an unsolicited negative one.

If someone offers a comment, or opinion, on a forum, as long as you stay within the forum rules, it should be ok to respond either positively, or negatively. As you know, Andy, its a real melting pot, here, and everyone has their own agenda. Some are here to learn. Some have lots of experience, and enjoy sharing it. Then there's the entertainers, the wits and the jokers. Throw in a few braggards, a liberal helping of idiots and the delusional, and then add the yes men, and the downright obsequious. Everyone should be fair game, and I for one say "let the fun continue"........Speaking of which, I vote that when there's a "melt down", instead of removing the thread, or threads, the mods should just lock it and leave it up, for people to read, forever more.........Just my opinion.
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

An opinion on this thread. This is a very strange thread to me, probably because I have no idea what its about or what has driven it. Im not sure who the princess population and their chums are supposed to be but, in my opinion it,s everyone, except of course myself.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

except of course myself

Hmm a candidate for TT Land

Comment

I tend to aim for the braggardly, delusional, idiotic and obsequious yes-man. Just to be on the safe side.
                            If anyone disagrees they are wrong, and what's more I will immediately leave and never ever come back.

Comment

Every one is entitled to my opinion
                              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                              X