yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying goodbye to the Surf and the community!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying goodbye to the Surf and the community!

Its been a lot of ups and downs with my 1994 Surf SSR-X. Had great time with i and it introduced me to automatic transmission. I loved the car, it ran great, good power but its fuel consumption was a big problem (4-6kms to a liter). As I am a student I couldn't afford the gas money nor my parents. So I finally decided to sell it and I found a buyer for a good price (21,500USD, I bought it for 19,500USD). Its sad to leave this community, you have been a great help for me everytime I ask. Now I think I am gonna move on to smaller cars (maybe a Vitz) and I hope I will eventually get another Surf - hopefully a 3rd gen- in the future. Thanks you guys and cheers!
    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

Youll be back. It may be years down the road, but youll be back. Good luck with your studies and good luck with whatever horrible wee car you get.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Cheerio, and good luck.
      Still on a mission.

Comment

Good luck wit your future rides bro, but we`ll watch this space. Maybe shouldnt say it here but if you like "different" vehicles check the nissan pao.

Good luck but not goodbye..
        Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

Bye
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

United states dollars?? Good luck and see you later...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
              United states dollars?? Good luck and see you later...
              Before 1976 the birr was officially translated/described as dollar.

You get about 18 birr to the dollar I would imagine his 21,500 is around 1200 US dollars.
              If it's not and he does actually mean $ we should crate up all our Surfs and send them on a wee 9,000 mile sales mission

Just checked and today you get 27 birr to the pound..
              Last edited by yoshie; 7 June 2012, 22:11.
              Brian

Comment

TTFN
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Ahhhh, I see. In that case sod the Euro I think we should join the Birr...
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    Before 1976 the birr was officially translated/described as dollar.

You get about 18 birr to the dollar I would imagine his 21,500 is around 1200 US dollars.
                    If it's not and he does actually mean $ we should crate up all our Surfs and send them on a wee 9,000 mile sales mission

Just checked and today you get 27 birr to the pound..
                    yeah, that's actually 21,000 united states dollars, which is about 390,000ethiopian birr. cars are really expensive here (even spare parts). the 2011 land cruiser v8 vx costs more than 300,000$ here.

and you are right folks, looks like I am already back. the surf is still with me and I am looking into another surf (I think a 97 SSR-G).
                    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

Comment

Working...
                    X