Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf's not up

In fact, it's a goner.

Something broke at 80mph last Saturday morning and the engine overheated and seized faster than anything I've seen. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen an engine so hot. Steam was blasting out from it!

I reckon the head's warped (at the very least), and Tony thinks something in the bottom end's probably damaged too.

I think a replacement engine will be the order of the day and so I'm sad to say that that's it for me and Surfs. They've been fun, but I'm not prepared to sink any more money into this one, so it'll be up for sale soon, as a non-runner, just as soon as I take delivery of a BMW 530D on Wednesday.

If anyone's interested in the Surf, please let me know, otherwise it'll be posted up on Gumtree.

Unfortunate news mate, I think when I sell mine I won't be going back to a surf.
    Fantastic motor though & the most reliable car I've ever had but I'll probably go for a more "wallet friendly" car as fuel cost is my main concern these days.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Fuel cost?, thought you had a huge guzzlin' motor home now aswell?
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
        Fuel cost?, thought you had a huge guzzlin' motor home now aswell?
        Motorhome is great on fuel, does an average of around 35mpg, surf is pretty much redundant now with having the van for work so it sits in the garage for weeks on end + I now have a motorbike so I'm dishing out for four lots of insurance, tax, MOT's & servicing.

It never ending.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

First dibs when you sell it? Least I know it'll have been looked after.

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician View Post
            In fact, it's a goner.

Something broke at 80mph last Saturday morning and the engine overheated and seized faster than anything I've seen. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen an engine so hot. Steam was blasting out from it!

I reckon the head's warped (at the very least), and Tony thinks something in the bottom end's probably damaged too.

I think a replacement engine will be the order of the day and so I'm sad to say that that's it for me and Surfs. They've been fun, but I'm not prepared to sink any more money into this one, so it'll be up for sale soon, as a non-runner, just as soon as I take delivery of a BMW 530D on Wednesday.

If anyone's interested in the Surf, please let me know, otherwise it'll be posted up on Gumtree.
            Sorry to hear Jemz ..

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Unfortunate news mate, I think when I sell mine I won't be going back to a surf.
              Fantastic motor though & the most reliable car I've ever had but I'll probably go for a more "wallet friendly" car as fuel cost is my main concern these days.
              Do you run on WVO? Huge fuel savings if you do and it'll give you an excuse to keep it!

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                First dibs when you sell it? Least I know it'll have been looked after.
                Think my pm beat you but my price probably won't
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X