long time.....etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long time.....etc etc

Hi All, yes a long time since posting and I am probably going to upset someone by asking what some will think is a daft question that is probably listed somewhere on here, but it has taken me ages to remember how to post so at the mo, searching .........
    anyway can anyone tell me please how much increase in overall height changing from my standard 2 gen wheels and tyres will I gain fitting 1050's?
    As the current ride height is close to the limit for the ferries I need to know as I am going to France soon and need to know whether to put the new boots on (if at all ) before or after the trip _ I dont want over height surcharges!
    Ta
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

What are 1050's?
    If you mean 10.50 as in 31/10.50/15 then they are a standard Surf tyre size, the imperial equivalent of 265/70/15.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 29 May 2012, 13:31.

Comment

Hi
      yes I did but I understood that they were larger than the 265/70/15's that are on mine at the moment
      Tony

Comment

They will fit ok Tony.There may be a slight difference in size but nothing to worry about
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There's just under an inch and a half difference in overall diameter, the 31" being bigger (the 265 is about 29 1/4")
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            There's just under an inch and a half difference in overall diameter, the 31" being bigger (the 265 is about 29 1/4")
            There's a few other variables, such as manufacturer and type of tread.

Comment

Thanks guys, I knew they will fit Rich but knowing Brittany Ferries they might try to sting me for over height surcharge, it must be below 1.83 Mtrs, So if my ride height at the mo is around 1.8 I should just squeeze under
              Thanks all for your invaluable assistance......no really!
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                Thanks guys, I knew they will fit Rich but knowing Brittany Ferries they might try to sting me for over height surcharge, it must be below 1.83 Mtrs, So if my ride height at the mo is around 1.8 I should just squeeze under
                Thanks all for your invaluable assistance......no really!
                Take one of those 12v compressors with you, let the tyres down before you drive on, then pump them back up before you drive off.

Comment

That could work too!
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X