hi from newbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from newbe

hi all just joined and new to surfs just got it yesterday,had discos for last 3 years,but time to mive to pastures new,
    surf has massive lift got 33 1250 15 on at mo but got a set of 35s not sure about fiting them as the 33s rub abit on full tilt,
    got afew issues to sort out,pulls to the left sharply under braking and front wheel bearing noisy but i like to get dirty so all good..

Originally posted by gizgrey View Post
    hi all just joined and new to surfs just got it yesterday,had discos for last 3 years,but time to mive to pastures new,
    surf has massive lift got 33 1250 15 on at mo but got a set of 35s not sure about fiting them as the 33s rub abit on full tilt,
    got afew issues to sort out,pulls to the left sharply under braking and front wheel bearing noisy but i like to get dirty so all good..
    Hello Alan. Welcome to the forum. You'll need a bit more lift to fit your 35"s, if the 33"s rub. Has it got bigger coils, and spacers on the rear? How has the front been lifted? Does it have ball joint spacers, and a diff drop. Does it have extended dampers and brake lines? There are a few other tricks that folks use when lifting. If youre not sure, you could take some pictures, and post them.....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi Allen!
      Yeh! If the 33's are rubbing already then 35's are a no go yet, untill you get more clearence!
      You havent said if the body has been lifted as well as the suspention.
      Ive got 35's A/T's on my Billy truck, but needed a 3" susp, and 3" body lift to get them to fit ok!

When people want to fit larger tyres they sometimes only get it high enough and make enough room around the tyres, not to rub on full lock on the road!
      Then when they take it on the slightest of roughness, and try to turn, they take bits of the truck off or parts of the tread!

Comment

thanks for the info much appretiated the surf has a big lift got a 4"body lift and 3 inch suspension extended braided brake hoses not too sure what else there has been alot of stuff done,the chap i bought it from didnt really know that much,but have a pile of receipts so will check through and see what goodies are on it,body not the best abit bashed here and there but its an offroader still looks gruff and cool..
        have ordered a new front bearing and will try free off front caliper or replace it ,
        the tyres are rubbing on the suspension arm next to sill where the body mount is not much but still does it so putting the 35s on is asking for more trouble i think,i ordered some new 33s so will hamer back abit of steel see how it goes..

Comment

How about some decent quality billet wheel spacers? I'd still love to see some pics of your truck, though.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi n welcome to the Forum enjoy ya stay ...

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Welcome Alan a few of us on here live in your area so might see your truck in the passing.

Get some pictures posted.
              Brian

Comment

imho...
                if you've really got 7" of lift, 33's really should not be rubbing.
                Take some measurements, 15" wheel rim (not tyre) measurement to wheel arch front and back and we can all compare....
                Welcome btw...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  imho...
                  if you've really got 7" of lift, 33's really should not be rubbing.
                  Take some measurements, 15" wheel rim (not tyre) measurement to wheel arch front and back and we can all compare....
                  Welcome btw...
                  He is new be gentel the seller probably sold him the 7" lift nonsense
                  Brian

Comment

just stuck with 33 1250 15 had a look at the liftblocks they are defo 3" dont know what lift is on rear springs tbh but defo got an aftermarket set of springs and shocks will get some pics up when i get my phone back from repair..

it does stand a fair height but dont think it has the lift size the seller said i measured 26" from ground to bottom of the door..big enough to keep the wife out lol
                    got a set of 33 1250 15 bfg mts from a mate so good to go and play.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Welcome Alan a few of us on here live in your area so might see your truck in the passing.

Get some pictures posted.
                      yes mate will get some pics up soon,surfs been sitting in plean for last year my mate had it,think a chap in denny done most of work in 2010 so been in area for a while..

Comment

Originally posted by gizgrey View Post
                        yes mate will get some pics up soon,surfs been sitting in plean for last year my mate had it,think a chap in denny done most of work in 2010 so been in area for a while..
                        It's grey and belonged to my brother and we lifted it. It has 6" of lift.
                        Work was done in 2007/2008. It had a new head in 2011
                        Truck came from Bristol early 2005.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 10 May 2012, 20:20.
                        Brian

Comment

Thats a cracking truck. Damm good buy.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

excellent good to know abit of history about it,hopefully i will restore it to its former beauty...

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X