My 4Runner got nicked :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4Runner got nicked :(

Well I returned from a nice break in South Africa to find my 4Runner that I'd spent the past year restoring has been stolen right from outside my house... in London! So if you spot a red 4Runner with a black rear passenger door, kindly haul the driver out and beat them to a pulp with a tire iron. Thanks.

Originally posted by wobbleyheadedbob View Post
    Well I returned from a nice break in South Africa to find my 4Runner that I'd spent the past year restoring has been stolen right from outside my house... in London! So if you spot a red 4Runner with a black rear passenger door, kindly haul the driver out and beat them to a pulp with a tire iron. Thanks.
    Be sure to tell us if you get it back. Some folk on here take instruction literally, and we wouldn't want another court case on our hands 'cos you got punched!
    Sorry to hear about your loss, hope it turns up okay.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

i spend alot of time driving around london and the southeast so will keep my eyes open, was there anything else that makes it stand out?
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
        i spend alot of time driving around london and the southeast so will keep my eyes open, was there anything else that makes it stand out?
        Alan Judging from the OP's avatar ...... yes the black door
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

yea, he said about the black door, was just asking for anything else in case i see it parked near side to the kerp, then i wont see the black door.
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

sorry to hear that news.
            i'll keep'em peeled. you never know.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss!

Comment

Thanks

Well I was in the middle of fixing up a load of the bodywork, the tailgate was pretty banged up, had a big dent on the left hand side of it. (there was actually a red/burgundy replacement tailgate from a Surf lashed down in the back of the car).

The left rear wheelarch had the cover removed and there was a load of exposed but sealed over rusted bodywork. The sidesteps had been removed. The bodywork and paint job of the truck was overall pretty trashed, but still sad that she's gone as I'd put a lot of work in her already. Brand new genuine exhaust (rear, silencer & flexipipe), new front brake callipers + pads, 2 x new batteries.

Ah, that's another thing that may set it apart, I'd painted the exhaust black with POR-15 so the whole exhaust is black except for the flexi-point. The fuel tank bashplate had also been done over in black POR-15. With the sidesteps removed these parts were clearly visible.

I suspect that she'll probably be chopped and sold off for parts though. So if anyone spots these on E-bay or at a yard and they've been recently sealed in POR-15, there's a good chance they were mine.

Comment

Has it been towed?

Where was it parked and was it road legal, insurance, tax, mot?

Comment

I'll keep an eye out too!
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Yeah, it was road legal, MOT'd(in Nov 2011), Taxed , Insured and legally parked outside my home on the street. Had a check done, it wasn't towed but I reported it immediately and is listed as stolen, police have called off the investigation though. I have pretty much given up hope of seeing it again and have already started looking for a new one.
                      Last edited by wobbleyheadedbob; 3 May 2012, 11:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X