MOT questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT questions

On my last MOT a year ago, I had an advisory stating "Slight play in steering rack mountings" however I have no idea what they mean by this.
    Secondly on my last service several months ago, it was mentioned that there was slight play in offside rear anti roll bar link but I am nor sure what this means.
    Can some kind soul please enlighten me and will the above cause any issues if not rectified. I tow a caravan at times and travel a lot on bumpy country lanes.

anti roll bar link is just a short metal bar with a knuckle joint each end, so two nuts and its off, if to siezed then cut it off and replacement will come with new nuts, steering rack mounts are available from roughtrax as are the links

Comment

Originally posted by Kpauto View Post
      anti roll bar link is just a short metal bar with a knuckle joint each end, so two nuts and its off, if to siezed then cut it off and replacement will come with new nuts, steering rack mounts are available from roughtrax as are the links
      Okay thanks. It will need to be done by a garage so hopefully it will not cost too much.

Comment

Get the bits and Bring it up to brummy land and I'll give you a hand

Comment

Thank you. That is very kind of you. I will contact you once it has had the service which is to happen on Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X