Fated to fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

ARBs are not a safety feature, they are a comfort feature.
    Totally disagree with you on that one. They are a safety feature. Body roll is bad. Body roll affects steering and can cause a vehicle to roll over. These help to stop that happening.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      Totally disagree with you on that one. They are a safety feature. Body roll is bad. Body roll affects steering and can cause a vehicle to roll over. These help to stop that happening.

Nev
      I'd agree with Albannach on this one, if arb's were a safety feature they would universally be better designed than they are, if you were to find yourself in a situation where the arb's are the only thing keeping your truck on all four wheels and one of those spindly pins connecting it should snap what happens then?

Fact of the matter is that happens to dozens of people every day and nothing happens, most of them then go on to not even notice till it fails it's mot, if you get into a situation where you roll a vehicle then you are driving over its/your capabilitys and it would happen with or without arb's.

My two penneth

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys having such a tough mot check,

over here however, I have no anti roll bars, damn near every cable is held in with cable ties, theres 2 "temporary" steel plates holding my front bumper on that I never got around to finishing after body lift, my fuel filler hose is a pipe I swiped from the hydraulics on a forklift at work, worn out bushes,,,, what bushes theyre so worn they dont exist anymore, and so many other small things.

And you poor buggers have to deal with salted roads killing your trucks underside
        Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

and a tank of fuel costing more than the weekly shop, over zealous, overweight, butt ugly traffic cops ready to send you down for a zillion years for no road tax...feck me i hate call outs
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwisurfing View Post
            I feel sorry for you guys having such a tough mot check,

over here however, I have no anti roll bars, damn near every cable is held in with cable ties, theres 2 "temporary" steel plates holding my front bumper on that I never got around to finishing after body lift, my fuel filler hose is a pipe I swiped from the hydraulics on a forklift at work, worn out bushes,,,, what bushes theyre so worn they dont exist anymore, and so many other small things.

And you poor buggers have to deal with salted roads killing your trucks underside
            If I had such a poorly maintained vehicle, I'd be keeping quiet about it, and cetainly not bragging about it..................
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              If I had such a poorly maintained vehicle, I'd be keeping quiet about it, and cetainly not bragging about it..................
              Hehe, yea shes a work in progress at the moment unfortunately, but it does reflect how stubborn these trucks are.

Despite it needing me to spend a weekend fixing up a few things shes looking great for her age, not a single lick of rust or paint peeling, just all the things from the body lift I never got around to finishing

Besides im pulling the whole thing to bits next month to drop in a 2.8 and turbo it, good excuse for me finally finishing everything properly
              Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 29 April 2012, 10:07. Reason: my grammar is awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwisurfing View Post
                Hehe, yea shes a work in progress at the moment unfortunately, but it does reflect how stubborn these trucks are.

Despite it needing me to spend a weekend fixing up a few things shes looking great for her age, not a single lick of rust or paint peeling, just all the things from the body lift I never got around to finishing

Besides im pulling the whole thing to bits next month to drop in a 2.8 and turbo it, good excuse for me finally finishing everything properly
                Good for you, then. Why not do some progress reports and pics? Best of luck............
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  Good for you, then. Why not do some progress reports and pics? Best of luck............
                  Will take some pics and do a small write up for you all as its kind of an odd ball mashup.
                  Rebuilt 2.8 short block, re-using the 2.4 head, oil cooler, sump, turbo and any other parts needed to build a complete motor, should be interesting to see how it turns out

PS: getting my 2.4 head valve clearances done and valve stem seals and rebuild my turbo before so that will be like a new one as well as the block being new,

Comment

Well the old girl is legal again,back in for the retest ,with a different tester this time .
                    He bent down on one knee "ah super pro good choice I will be back in a mo "

20 years old and fails on a worn bush these trucks continually amaze me,yes there are some pretty annoying things about them, the diesel cooled pistons,the clock position is ridiculous but would I sell it ?

Yes but only to buy another
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X