Well......I finally did it........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well......I finally did it........

Got my Surf today.........and gettin used to new driving position etc.....
    Im starting as light footed as i can - but hey - it pulls so well hard not to go with it - im sure you guys and gals know that already..!! Hard to watch the speed (i.e. km's to mph) and watch the road, with my eyes fixed on the temp guage - lol. guess it will take a few days for me to settle about that...
    windows a little slow - down and up. and the diy (mirror) tints will have 2 b replaced at some point. other than that - its VERY clean. oh and that reach into the "boot" area can be a little frustrating? BTW - does that tail gate take much weight? can i sit on it to get things in and out of boot?
    AND SO THE JOURNEY BEGINS - c y'all l8r

I think the weight limit on the tailgate is 385 kg (that's what the sticker on ours says anyway.)

We've had the dogs jumping in and out for the past week,and I've climbed in and out too (and,no I'm not THAT heavy!! )

We found the jack this morning,brand new,never used!I had to do a search on here first though

Alison

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior
      BTW - does that tail gate take much weight? can i sit on it to get things in and out of boot?
      AND SO THE JOURNEY BEGINS - c y'all l8r
      From another recent Surf buyer (got mine Friday) congrats and welcome.

Dunno about an absolute weight limit on the tail gate, but I've be climbing in and out of the boot of mine and it's shown no signs of not being happy about it.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Greyhound, So where is the jack? I just assumed that I didn't get one with my Surf... I just bought a 4 tonne Draper bottle jack...
        :

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
          Greyhound, So where is the jack? I just assumed that I didn't get one with my Surf... I just bought a 4 tonne Draper bottle jack...
          Check for a hatch under the passenger side rear seat - yep they hide it well !!

If you do not have one be careful on the dimensions of one you buy, guess who now has one hidden in one of the back panels because it's 1/2 inch too long !

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It's under the back seat,on the passenger side.There's 2 small loops of webbing behind the seats,give it a pull (oohh errr! ) and the seat comes forward.The jack is ;or should be; there.

Now we've just got to figure out how to get the spare wheel off/down (it's underneath) ....

Alison

Comment

Have you got the full tool roll it should be in the bot in the drivers side panel. There are a couple of bits in there for lowering the spare rest of bits should be with the jack under the seats. if yours is missing theres a tool kit for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...486884099&rd=1

Comment

Do you mean the bit at the back (where the dogs go?)?If so,I've already checked in there and it's empty.

Ta for the e-bay link,I'll check it out now.

Alison

Comment

Working...
                X