France trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France trip

I,ll be making a couple of trips to Brittany this year and the latest money making scam is for every motor to have a working alcohol breath test kit on board. Any more kit and we'll have no room for the wife's shoes !
    Details.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...motorists.html

And whilst I'm on how do I get the above link compacted into "LINK"

Cheers
    All the best

You'll actually need TWO kits cos if the Gendarmes pull you and use your kit they're likely to do you for not having one available !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

"actually i might play that game buy at least 3 and if stopped ask them to blow in mine before they question me...especially after lunch"

All the best

Comment

If you have a sat nav you also need to disable any speed camera warning function it might have that has just become a no no over in France as well.
        http://www.garmin.com/uk/extras-camera-alerts/#france

Comment

Final steps for a new law that all bikers to wear flouro stuff.

Every car has to have a flouro waistcoat for each occupant and a warning triangle.

Comment

Don't forget you'll need Hi-Vis jacket x2, warning triangle, powder extinguisher, as above Re breath test kit and Sat-Nav stupid laws. On the plus side I drove from Scotland to Naples, and had no problem what so ever!

Comment

OOps, sorry ploddit, you covered most of that above...

Comment

May i ask, Why does anyone go to France? It's full of french cars and bad driving!
                Not content with the above, the French have to have some bizarre rules to drive there aswell!
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's a bit nuts needing to carry a breathaliser if you don't drink.

But I'm sure the Gendarmes wouldn't believe it.

Comment

never heard of needing a extinguisher.

The fining only starts from 1/11/2012 and the fine is €17, they cost peanuts in supermarkets.

Comment

And apparently the instructions on the recommended breath testers say store at below 20 degrees C ! so they won,t last long in a car.
                      ionic SURFactant

Comment

Extingusher might just be here in italy. I got (stole) a small powder one. Always handy in the 16 year old quattro, where anything can happen!

Comment

Breath testers

My local rip off spares shop sells them for £6 a pop,but I am told they are 2 for a fiver(or thereabouts) in Halfords.

Comment

Working...
                          X