Minn Kota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minn Kota

I have recently purchased a 50lb thrust, Minn Kota electric Motor to use for Trolling Pike Lures on my Boat. I have been looking at what is the best size of leisure battery to use ? Most of the answers I have come across leads me to a 100ah. Has anybody had any experience with these motors ? and can point me in the right direction......Thanks.

Would go for a deep cycle 110a battery and a good charger is also recommended.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks Nigel, When you say a good charger ? I always use my trickle chargers which I charge my gel decoying batteries with, Is that what you mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Thanks Nigel, When you say a good charger ? I always use my trickle chargers which I charge my gel decoying batteries with, Is that what you mean ?
        Yep, trickle charge is the best, if you fast charge them you will notice the minn kota appears faster. The faster you charge the faster the battery drains but gives a higher output.
        Always uesd to charge my rc cars batteries on fast charge but only lasted about 10 to 13 mins just enough for a race, on a trickle charge got 25 mins out of them.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Where you go piking

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

River Wissey, at the Sugar Beet factory Wissington mainly as it has the most useable slipways,and the legendery Wissey Pools, going downstream onto Ten Mile bank Great Ouse complex at Denver, if you Google Earth it you will see it. No real secrets with me, its a lot of water and a lot of good fish. Biggest Pike so far 25lb 4oz on legered sardine.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
              Would go for a deep cycle 110a battery and a good charger is also recommended.
              Blimey, there is one on Ebay at the Moment 15 miles from me. Must be fate.

Comment

Get the biggest one you can afford, real pain having to get on the oars!

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                  i used to go to wissy to sell shit..engineering wise...didnt realise the pike were in the river? if you want a trip on the broads let me know? ive a few locations in mind
                  Used to fish Filby Broad a few moons ago. More of a Winter venue. Ta would be nice, there are some Monsters out there, Hickling used to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                    Get the biggest one you can afford, real pain having to get on the oars!

Ben
                    Always have my 4 stroke Outboard with me, been stuck before, never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                      got some links for hickling and the possibility of a free boat
                      Thats handy, Saves dragging mine down. Prob be Winter time now, fishes best then.

Comment

not many good pike waters where i am, around Ely used to be good but its not a patch on what it used to be now.
                        If your up for it I would be up for a day out on the boat in the winter for the pike......

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

not many good pike waters where i am, around Ely used to be good but its not a patch on what it used to be now.
                          If your up for it I would be up for a day out on the boat in the winter for the pike......
                          Yep no prob. I have my thoughts on why Pike and Fish in general are on the decline in our rivers. I have records from 14 years ago having caught up to 18 Pike in one day. Its still nice to get out on the river though you would enjoy it. I used to start early Oct,now more like Nov.
                          I suppose Ware is the closest to you Nigel, I used to have Family in Cheshunt and used to fish the Lee Valley area.
                          Last edited by Webbo; 17 April 2012, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                            Yep no prob. I have my thoughts on why Pike and Fish in general are on the decline in our rivers. I have records from 14 years ago having caught up to 18 Pike in one day. Its still nice to get out on the river though you would enjoy it. I used to start early Oct,now more like Nov.
                            I suppose Ware is the closest to you Nigel, I used to have Family in Cheshunt and used to fish the Lee Valley area.

I agree on your thought other then commorants
                            I have fished lea valley but only the once, theres plenty off commercials all over this area and some really good ones, as well as the club water I fish and a private estate lake. None of them really stocked with good size of pike though, good pike waters hard to find now.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

I agree on your thought other then commorants
                              I have fished lea valley but only the once, theres plenty off commercials all over this area and some really good ones, as well as the club water I fish and a private estate lake. None of them really stocked with good size of pike though, good pike waters hard to find now.
                              I am lucky to have the Fen Rivers and Drains around here and I am hoping there still lurks a fish of a lifetime. I will get out when the season starts with the surface and high water lures, and keep in touch with Steve, If things start picking up here or on the Broads we will all have to have a meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X