Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfers in Cambs? Need a garage recc

Arternoon all,
    Can anyone in Cambs reccommend a garage to take our Surf to? We're just outside of Cambridge but any good places in the county would be great.

The tailgate window's stuck down and as her indoors uses it for work it needs fixing quick. I'm utterly useless with anything electrical, apart from limited time after I get home from work.
    So yes I'm chickening well out of it... did have a look at it, tried flipping side latches as the "back door" light is on. Relay clicks, volt meter takes a big dip when the switch is moved, but no motor action. Someone with a clue needs to take over...
    cheers all.

Wher abouts in Cambs are you? I'm just on the border in Lincs. Might be able to help if you want to bring it over.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hi mate, we're in Histon which is a small village just north of Cambridge town. Very kind offer and thanks loads, but can't really do it, time and distance etc. Cheers though.

Comment

No problem. Hope you get it sorted.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Window

My workshop is situated in Haverhill, could help you if we are close enough

Comment

http://http://www.kpautorepairs.webs.com/

Comment

even a quick prop it up job would do to get them out of trouble

Comment

Thanks KP, I'll pass it to the missus, cheers. Sounds good to me.

Thrifty what's the problem exactly? Presumably KJP isn't open this afternoon, and can't get to Jotto today either, got family around. All I asked for was names of any Surf-friendly garages as our local haven't done too well with it, which I've now got. I can't see anything massively optimistic in that.

Comment

KP - had quick look but couldn't get the glass to move. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but she's taped plastic sheet over it for now... she has a trip to Norfolk she has to do. I'll get to her to call you tomorrow or Tues, cheers.

Comment

Ah gotcha, no, just a place for during the week really. Got another issue that we'd like someone who's familiar with Hiluxes to look at as well. Had a go at the window, failed, kept ####ing down and then her brother+gf arrived so put the Big Hammer away and wet to the pub. Thanks for the offer too, top man. You guys are most kind.

Comment

ok no worries!

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                        KP - had quick look but couldn't get the glass to move. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but she's taped plastic sheet over it for now... she has a trip to Norfolk she has to do. I'll get to her to call you tomorrow or Tues, cheers.
                        Should have read this earlier, Myself and Thrifty are in Norfolk. I am sure one of us could have lifted the glass into the home position.
                        Where abouts is your Truck going to be ?

Comment

Hi Webbo, saw this too late. She was somewhere round Hunstanton area, can't remember the exact place. I'll have another look tonight but will pass her KPs info so she can sort it out. She uses it for her sewing business so I'll leave it to her with her appointments and all that. Thanks for the offer mate, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X