Sonic Boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Boom

So how many of you lot heard the "sonic boom" on Thursday night just after 6pm?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Wrong bit of the country for me to hear it but we had a huge thunder storm at the same time.

Comment

Sounds like a government PR stunt - the official explanation was a helicopter pilot (student) accidentally set his transponder to a distress freq (ie. I'v been hijacked). A pair of typhoons were sent to intercept.
      I think its the build up to the Olympics security wise saying "hey we have fast jets you know if your thinking of hijacking something".
      Last edited by Vultch; 14 April 2012, 09:29.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

It was just Bio's arse again.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

We used to hear Concordes sonic boom every night, 6:30 and again 9:30 as it came up to the Bristol channel, in the summer you could see it too...always the same track.
          What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

TonyN It was just Bio's arse again.

meooo We used to hear Concordes sonic boom every night, 6:30 and again 9:30 as it came up to the Bristol channel, in the summer you could see it too...always the same track.

I used to live in Flushing and can remember those days..ho hum

The part that I do not understand and hopefully someone an explain the mechanics of this;
            jets scrambled from the east coast to intercept target over Bath surely the major part of the acceleration would have been just after take off and far away from target and not as jets were closing in on target,surely the jets would have to of been slowing down to "interact"with the helicopter otherwise would they not have overshot and been over Wales ?
            Confused?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-signal.html
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

hence the PR stunt

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                It was just Bio's arse again.
                Just like 30 mins after you posted
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                X