No announcement yet.

All good things come to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using autotrader etc will often help with prices ie they offer you 1000, go find a similar spec/age/mileage at 1500 or whatever. All based on evidence. They are supposed to give you the market price so build a portfolio of similar cars (at the upper end of the scale if you can) as it will help if they try to shaft you on the market value. The knob that went up the back of my 'mint' Mi16 405 wrote it off. The insurance offered me 450 for it ie the price for a 1993 peugeot 405. after much arguement and using the above method i got 900 odd, but it was a battle, and still wouldn't replace it like for like (i miss that car). Good luck and sorry for your misfortune.

Comment

Thanks for the offers of help and advice.
      Have spoken with the engineers and they have said my truck is worth around 1500-2000 due to it being an ssrg and a 3L so that is promising it has now been refered back to my insurance company and apparently should recieve my first offer by wednesday.
      I will keep you all informed how things go.
      A big thank you to scottiedog and thrifty

Comment

No worries - keep us posted.
        S.

Comment

Very very sad piccies.

From an Ex Supra and Surf owner!

It is scary how much the A pillar collapsed... I thought they were tougher than that....

Sorry for your loss.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

I think the trailer landed on top of the supra when it was upside down and i believe that is why the a pillar was so destroyed.
            spoken with the insurance company again today to get the surf back will cost £260 and they will also bring it home, so thank you again to scottiedog for offering to help but it seems i will not need to bother you.
            Im still gutted i lost the supra, had been looking for the right one for months but im just trying to forget about that really, atleast i can have my truck back.
            thankfully the insurance company have now start being helpful which is nice.
            Does anyone now how much a vic check is these days?

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
              Does anyone now how much a vic check is these days?
              HERE
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks Albannach, sorry for being lazy, wont happen again.

Comment

I now have everything cleared up with the insurance company and have my surf back.
                  I have bought another kzn130 with my payout, couldnt resist buying another one.
                  First off road outting on sunday so will post some pictures up after that.
                  Thank you to everybody that offered help and advice.

Comment

I am glad you are okay and no injuries. I hope your Surf can be put back on the road cheaply too.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                      X