Sign for this VERY good cause!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign for this VERY good cause!

Wychwood brewery's epetition against continuing rising tax on beer, which is a significant part of the reason for the decline of the British pub.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29664
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Done
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hey Ian, you got dates for that beerfest by you yet? I'm building up a calendar of this years events.

Comment

7/7/12 ..... http://www.camra.org.uk/beerfestivals
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Signed.

Gman.
          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Its all rather sad. The great British pub is indeed dying, while the not so great British pubs. ( Wotherspoons and similar) seem to do OK. Its a petition worth a signature but the cynic in me tells me its a waste of time,especially nowadays when minimum alcohol pricing seems to be gaining popularity with politicians, and scare stories about how we are all drinking more and becoming a nation of pi55heads seem to appearing in more and more papers. I have a feeling that this petition has as much chance of success as one to reduce the taxes on fuel or fags might
            Сви можемо

Comment

I'm not sure, despite what some say, that GREAT pubs are dying. Brewery owned pubs seem to be doing OK, and well run independents seem to be thriving. Poorly run independents are struggling.

I think part of this is that drinkers with money (not the lager boys and alcopop drinkers) are expecting more. They want a better product, and well run pubs offer this. Small independent brewers are thriving, you only need to visit a beer festival a few years on the run to see the increase in variety in beers, and increase the numbers of small breweries.

I think the future of decent beer / decent pubs is bright. The future of cheap #### at bargain supermarket prices may be numbered.

Comment

Sorted Andy

nearly 12 Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                X