Replacement seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement seats

Those of you who have changed the front seats on your 2nd Gen..

Are the replacement ones really more comfortable than the originals? My front seats feel like a comfy sofa, I can't imagine a less padded seat being more comfy.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

i always found the 2nd gen seats really comfy on a long run - the windy in thingy is great for supporting the base of your back too

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
      i have had both std and recaros but the lexus is200 seats beat both hands down
      I honestly don't give a toss.

I've asked you not to reply to my threads, because I really, honestly, have no interest whatsoever in anything you have to say.

Please, go away.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
        i always found the 2nd gen seats really comfy on a long run - the windy in thingy is great for supporting the base of your back too
        The free leeter that Tintin has now, has recaro seats. I liked them a lot. Dead comfy.
        Lexurf IV has earlyish recaro seats as well. Nice and comfy also.

I presume I'm allowed to reply. I neither drink shite nor talk it.
        Last edited by gwh200; 8 April 2012, 19:02.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ive got the originals still in mine and im very pleased with them, all of my other cars have had Recaros in them and I wanted an SSRG because i thought the Recaros would be better but after driving the SSRX I found the standard seats very comfy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Those of you who have changed the front seats on your 2nd Gen..

Are the replacement ones really more comfortable than the originals? My front seats feel like a comfy sofa, I can't imagine a less padded seat being more comfy.
            Hey Andy, How are you? Regarding standard 2nd gen seats, I've never felt the need to change them. I suppose that I could be tempted if I could get a full leather interior from a U.S. spec 4Runner, but thats about all. How tall are you? Do you feel that you could use more leg room. I did a mod on mine to set the runners back by a couple of inches ( More due to a fat belly, rather than long legs . ) If you're interested, I'll post some pics.

Edit. The pictures that I was offering to post, were of the seat runners.......Not the fat belly..................
            Last edited by MWS; 9 April 2012, 10:47.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

im quite tall and the standard 2nd gen seats just dont slide back enough , plus i love the scooby turbo seats so thats what i fit
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I always found that for general use the seats in my LN130 were ok but I certainly wouldn't have described them as feeling as comfy as a sofa. On longer runs I found that a mixture of back and leg ache would set in before too long.

The gen 7 Celica seats I got were a hell of a lot more comfortable (although admittedly I only sat on them in my living room cos I never got around to fitting them before I sold the Surf).

When I get another Surf, replacement seats will be on my to-do list.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  The free leeter that Tintin has now, has recaro seats. I liked them a lot. Dead comfy.
                  Lexurf IV has earlyish recaro seats as well. Nice and comfy also.

I presume I'm allowed to reply. I neither drink shite nor talk it.
                  Yes you may reply.

Aye, go on then. You can reply...

I drove mine up from Doncaster when I bought it, it was very relaxing

Comment

Yes you may reply.

Aye, go on then. You can reply...

I drove mine up from Doncaster when I bought it, it was very relaxing
                    are you sure that wasnt a dream and you actually were sat in a comfy sofa

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                      Hey Andy, How are you? Regarding standard 2nd gen seats, I've never felt the need to change them. I suppose that I could be tempted if I could get a full leather interior from a U.S. spec 4Runner, but thats about all. How tall are you? Do you feel that you could use more leg room. I did a mod on mine to set the runners back by a couple of inches ( More due to a fat belly, rather than long legs . ) If you're interested, I'll post some pics.
                      I've bought a fixer-upper, so listing stuff I could do to it. I'm just wondering what the replacements are like in comparison to the originals.

The one I have just now is fine, it fits me quite well, but you know what I'm like for making up to-do lists and buying bits I never fit!

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        are you sure that wasnt a dream and you actually were sat in a comfy sofa
                        Possibly, because I can never remember if it was Doncaster or Darlington I got it from, it was the southest of the two...

Comment

I've bought a fixer-upper, so listing stuff I could do to it. I'm just wondering what the replacements are like in comparison to the originals.

The one I have just now is fine, it fits me quite well, but you know what I'm like for making up to-do lists and buying bits I never fit!
                          has this fixer upper got a bigger than standard engine ,
                          im being sherlock holmes tonight , your selling your ls400 as you no longer need it, youve bought a "fixxer upper" , and hasnt a certain lexurf just been sold
                          im drunk by the way so ignore my ramblings

Comment

I'm selling the LS because I recently split up from my partner and have nowhere to keep it, the bike may have to go too.

I've not seen the fixer-upper yet, but I couldn't not buy it at the price. I'm relying on my best mate (and current landlord) for somewhere to put the other truck when I go to get it.

Comment

I'll just go sit in the corner with my dunces cap on now then .
                              Sorry to hear you split from your partner .
                              Can't believe the ls wasn't snapped up for a lexurf conversion.

Comment

Working...
                              X