Urgent silly question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent silly question...

I apologise in advance for this as I haven't spent as much time searching as I normally would. But I'm supposed to be getting to west wales tonight.

We were just about to leave just now when I heard a clunk... it seems one of the front arb drop links has just snapped in two. I've heard that I can do without them temporarily? Half of one is just hanging so I guess I'm going to have to get that off. Should I remove the other one too? And is it easy to do - is there anything else that needs to be removed?

I'd be boundlessly grateful for any advice or tips at all as it's been a hectic day!

Take them off the truck will just feel a little softer on the bends.

If the snapped one is a pig to remove just leave it hanging it won't do any harm.
    Brian

Comment

Don't put anything on the roof...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Don't put anything on the roof...
        He is kidding it will be fine.
        Brian

Comment

Thanks Yoshie. So do you reckon it's okay for the drive down to Wales as is? As I would rather do it in daylight tomorrow.

Comment

will be fine, with one broken the arb wont be doing anything, just expect it to lean a little more on corners, but dont worry about it, its not dangerous.
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Thanks guys, very grateful for your swift advice. I'll sort it tomorrow then, I'm off to Wales

Comment

no worries, have a nice journey!
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
                  Thanks Yoshie. So do you reckon it's okay for the drive down to Wales as is? As I would rather do it in daylight tomorrow.
                  Wales is closed this week-end, we're not allowed to leave either!

Comment

Working...
                  X