Fuel warning light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel warning light?

Yo, just a thought, does a 2nd gen Surf have a low fuel warning light? I don't like the idea of leaving it low on juice just to find out that it doesn't!

Laters, Damian.
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Originally posted by Damian
    Yo, just a thought, does a 2nd gen Surf have a low fuel warning light? I don't like the idea of leaving it low on juice just to find out that it doesn't!

Laters, Damian.
    My 3.0L 2nd Gen has a little Orange Light that comes on when I am low, it is set in the left hand side of the fuel gauge, but when not lit is hard to spot.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

does a 2nd gen Surf have a low fuel warning light?
      yes it does.... comes on with 10L left.

Comment

Hmmm, 10ltrs? Mine's been very low I wonder if it works......
        Damian

Comment

yep, theres definatly a light. mine is on permenatly to remind me to drive slower. the other day i actually ran out and in my wisdom decided that the reason that i had lost acceleration even with od off and ect power on, was that the turbo had blown! i kept up this little nightmare for some miles before deciding to utilise the spare tank. thank goodness i know where the priming pump is.

Comment

comes on a bit earlier going up hill i noticed,
            Rick

Comment

I didn't know there was a low fuel warning light on my 2nd Gen until last Saturday, when it came on for the first time in 14 months. I was towing the caravan on the M25. The sign said, "Services 12 miles and 22 miles." PANIC!!!!

We pulled off the M'way and found a garage a couple of miles down the road. PHEW!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                I didn't know there was a low fuel warning light on my 2nd Gen until last Saturday, when it came on for the first time in 14 months. I was towing the caravan on the M25. The sign said, "Services 12 miles and 22 miles." PANIC!!!!

We pulled off the M'way and found a garage a couple of miles down the road. PHEW!
                WHAT kind of state are the seats in ??????????

hmmmmmmm that's a BIG air freshener in your car !

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

How low on fuel does the gauge go before it comes on? Mine was about a mil' from off the gauge the other day and still no light, by the way, I'm up to 430 km's on a full tank - that's a record for me!
                  Damian

Comment

spare tank? - priming pump? - tell me more!

tc

Chris

Comment

How low on fuel does the gauge go before it comes on? Mine was about a mil' from off the gauge the other day and still no light, by the way, I'm up to 430 km's on a full tank - that's a record for me!
                      Mine is just left of the Empty position before the light comes on - I'm very brave and I haven't run out yet. Plus I know that there is 10 litres left cos when I filled it up with the light just on, I could only get 55 litres in the tank brimming full and I have a 65 litre tank.

I'm not sure about a spare tank as the Surf doesn't have one as standard. The priming pump is required if you run out of fuel as you need to bleed the system. The pump is a black plastic disc on top of the fuel filter (A big oil filter looking thing on the passenger side bulkhead of the engine bay. You need to push this in a few times to draw up the fuel if you have run dry.

Cheers
                      Last edited by lucky; 23 August 2004, 14:16.

Comment

I drove 17 miles a while ago with the fuel light on hoping to find a fuel station.
                        was about to go in the first shop I came across for a bottle of veg oil when I finally spotted one.

10 litres would equate to approx 50 - 60 miles so I needn't have worried, although I dont fancy finding out!
                        Ian
                        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                        X