4X4 tax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4X4 tax!

Just been reading an article about how the Chancellor, George Osborne, is planning on some late budget changes. What it boils down to is he's planning on introducing a new 4x4 tax in the next few weeks. Essentially this is a tax on all vehicles capable of driving more than one axle, and which are not classed as an HGV. The new proposals are that all passenger vehicles, light utility vehicles, vans and goods vehicles not specifically classed as HGV's will be taxed based on the number of driven axles, with the current tax rates used as the base calculation. This means that all 2wd vehicles, whilst technically covered by these new proposed laws, will not see any change in their tax rates, but all 4x4 vehicles will see their tax rates double overnight.

This isn't the end of the bad news. The government is also proposing as part of this "war on environmentally unfriendly Chelsea tractors" a new insurance tax. Essentially all insurance companies will be required by law to add VAT on top of Insurance Premiums Tax, but again, this proposal also affects only vehicles with more than one driven axle.

Essentially this means insurance of all 4x4 vehicles will be raised by 20%, overnight.

Full details can be found here

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Just been reading an article about how the Chancellor, George Osborne, is planning on some late budget changes. What it boils down to is he's planning on introducing a new 4x4 tax in the next few weeks. Essentially this is a tax on all vehicles capable of driving more than one axle, and which are not classed as an HGV. The new proposals are that all passenger vehicles, light utility vehicles, vans and goods vehicles not specifically classed as HGV's will be taxed based on the number of driven axles, with the current tax rates used as the base calculation. This means that all 2wd vehicles, whilst technically covered by these new proposed laws, will not see any change in their tax rates, but all 4x4 vehicles will see their tax rates double overnight.

This isn't the end of the bad news. The government is also proposing as part of this "war on environmentally unfriendly Chelsea tractors" a new insurance tax. Essentially all insurance companies will be required by law to add VAT on top of Insurance Premiums Tax, but again, this proposal also affects only vehicles with more than one driven axle.

Essentially this means insurance of all 4x4 vehicles will be raised by 20%, overnight.

Full details can be found here
    You absolute bugger! I very nearly fell for that. It certainly wouldn't blooming surprise me! Don't go giving them ideas for goodness sake!!
    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Tits.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Lets hope George or one of his cronies is not scouring the forum. Im sure they will see this as a " wizard wheeze" and make it all come true.
        Сви можемо

Comment

i was already writing up the FOR SALE ad in my head. i was nearly emotional!
          well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
            Lets hope George or one of his cronies is not scouring the forum. Im sure they will see this as a " wizard wheeze" and make it all come true.
            Agreed if they looking at this they are just as likely to bring it in.But then it would upset all the hooray henrys that vote for them,not good

Comment

Working...
            X