Theoretical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical question

So with all the 'end of the world is nigh' media blah around solar activity and it's potential to send us all back to the dark (pre-iPhone and P***hub) ages, for sake of argument could a Surf work at all or be made to work if all the electronics were gubbed?#

My nephew asked me this about cars in general and I'm assuming anything above a certain age with any sort of electronic ignition/fuel delivery etc #would be (literally) a non-starter but then my technical knowledge pretty much extends to wiring a plug.#

You'd need a mechanical, cable operated, fuel pump and a strangler of some sort. But other than that, yep.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

But my radio wouldn't work so it's no good.

But yes it wouldn't take a lot to get a surf running, its the initial getting it going where the problem would be, a manual would be ok as long as your facing down hill. Bring out the old cars with a starting handle and away you go
      www.apmautos.com

Comment

Forget about getting your truck to run ,what you will need will be some of these
        Attached Files
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          Forget about getting your truck to run ,what you will need will be some of these
          Yep, I'm all tooled up although I must ring my firearms officer to see if he will up my bullet count.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

i have a theoretical answer to the theoretical question.

Purple.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Purple.
              Fluffy clouds?
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Fluffy clouds?
                Possibly.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Get a 4Runner and you're sorted. A battery and two wires and it'll go.

A Surf will still work fine in post apocalyptic UK, it all runs off its battery. Not much different really apart from being harder to fix if something goes wrong with the EFI system.

But even them you just go tooled up into your local crator pocked ruin of a city and steal what you need.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Interesting. Still sounds like the minor tweaks are beyond me and the general plebs though!

Comment

You could always wrap it up in baking foil
                      What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

So our trucks will survive armageddon but the human race will be gone.
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                          So our trucks will survive armageddon but the human race will be gone.
                          Yep!
                          Then there will be an invasion of aliens modifying Surf's for there own use!!!!!
                          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

This reminds me a recent thread on the 4runner forum...

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...r-4runner.html

Comment

Working...
                            X