Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roughtrax or milners

Quick question?

Replacing rear springs ,do I go for A or B and why ?

A ; milners uprated ?

B ; roughtrax +2 ?

Any personal experience with the above mentioned would be appreciated .

Ta
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

I just fitted a pair of the Roughtrax ones about two weeks back, so far so good although the truck now feels considerably different than before and is taking some getting used to. When fitting them I'd advise to disconnect the rear brake pipe as it will make getting the new ones in a lot easier.

Paul

Comment

This is one of the few times i would go for the milners ..... have had rear coils from both and the milners lasted better
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Or get standard land cruiser springs. I believe they will give a 2" lift on a surf

Comment

Just put a full set of Milners uprated standard height springs on with Monroe shocks. Much better than my originals which had been on there a very long time. They've fairly stiffened the truck up, not sure how I'd like it if most of my driving was on bumpy stuff but they are fine on the road. Back end now sits at 13" from top of wheel to bottom of arch and front is 12 3/4" which is considerably higher than it was on the old springs. No experience with Roughtrax springs.

Had to get fronts fitted onto strut by a garage as I was sure my spring compressors were going to pop but rears went on fine, probably took about an hour from start to finish and would have been faster if I'd had a decent trolley jack.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Fitted the light blue ones today complete with new purple ARB bushes and brackets,and new drop links.

Yep it took me about 3 hours but most of that was figuring out and trying different axle stand placements to cope with my very 3D drive (it slopes down and to the right)didn't really want that thing wobbling around with me underneath.Took the lower shock bolt route,seemed to be the easiest way.

Might try and fit my uprated torsion bars tomorrow .

No more saggy arse (on the truck at least)
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
            X