roughtrax uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roughtrax uk

just got a stone guard for the bonnet of the surf and some headlamp covers too from roughtrax...all good quality swag and unusually fast through the post. would recommend this company any day for fast reliable service..
    have a skeet ....go on ya will ya will ya will lol
    www.toyotahilux.com
    cheers gents.
    ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Roughtrax are a good shop, but they need to sort their website out, is been 'under construction' all year.

Not really good enough.

I only get time to sort stuff outside of business hours, so I go to a shop that I can order online easy.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Roughtrax are a good shop, but they need to sort their website out, is been 'under construction' all year.
      Not really good enough.
      I only get time to sort stuff outside of business hours, so I go to a shop that I can order online easy.
      hey tony,
      the roughtrax website was updated and relaunched earlier this year (under the same address) just had a little look round and can't find an 'under construction' bits anywhere...... must admit i did find a few blank bits though...... if you have a V6 4runner and the out of hours thing you mention is of no use to you....... drop him an email asking for the parts you need etc. he reply next day with part no.s and cost etc.
      give it a shot, you might be surprised......

see ya
      Planty

Comment

yeah, he is good there... perhaps a little pricey, but he phoned to make sure the bit was right and always on next day delivery.... seems to be getting quite "surf orientated" too (is that a real word?)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          <snip>... seems to be getting quite "surf orientated" too (is that a real word?)
          yeah sure it is.... what else could we use...???
          'surfed up'..... perhaps, any other suggestions....????

see ya'll
          Planty

Comment

Barry is getting "Surf orientated" coz thats where he thinks the money is. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to know anything about Surfs and his website still doesnt work properly as it's built on the remains of the original "laugh a minute" one.

Just one example of how rubbishy his website is and how lazy and stupid he is...

Do a search for "braided brake lines" and right at the top of the list is....

Product: 3" Braided Brake Hoses Description8/1997 - on/ LN130 Stainless, Optional extraPrice £36.00

About 6 months ago Goodrich had a production problem and they couldn't manufacture any hoses for a while so I grudgingly thought I'd buy the hoses from idiot boy. We all know (all of us except Barry that is) that there is no such thing as a 8/1997 on LN130 so I rang Roughtrax twice to check exactly what they were selling and they didnt answer.... So WTH, I just ordered the brake lines off the website and added another couple of items just to make the postage worthwhile. About an hour later Barry rang me and annouced that there is no such thing as a braided brake line kit for a Surf and he wanted to know how i'd managed to order one from his website.

I explained it all in minute detail and he still refused to believe that he had any such item listed on the site and he also informed me that he didnt have one of the other items I'd ordered so I told him where to put the remaining item and asked for a refund.

And 6 months later you can still find the same item on his site and he still hasnt worked out that an LN130 is a Surf but a Surf is not neccessarily an LN130.

Comment

Its still duff, just one example...

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...45&category=59

none of the pages on this page go anywhere, I'm not interested in writing a load of emails to loads of vendors, I wanna sit on the PC of an evening and compare prices.

I've no problem with the company, in fact I ordered an elecy ignition kit today for our 4Runner, but it was hard work to find the parts, and only persivered cos Luminition's website was even less helpful, and never even returned my e-mails.

Elvz's also has a point about business people not listening to obvious facts, but she put it nicer than I would have!

Originally posted by Planty
              hey tony,
              the roughtrax website was updated and relaunched earlier this year (under the same address) just had a little look round and can't find an 'under construction' bits anywhere...... must admit i did find a few blank bits though...... if you have a V6 4runner and the out of hours thing you mention is of no use to you....... drop him an email asking for the parts you need etc. he reply next day with part no.s and cost etc.
              give it a shot, you might be surprised......

see ya
              Planty
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Plus they seem to think 3rd Gen Surfs run on 15" wheels, as the selection of alloys they show for them are the same as for any other model. I pity the poor bugger that tries to fit them as 15" alloys will not fit over the calipers on the front of a 3rd Gen, which requires 16" wheels
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

All I've ever done is browse their site - seems okay, but never been overly impressed. Never had a bad experience (never had any experience). But what do I know?

Barry, sounds like you need to get even just one of your staff to spend a few days browsing the web to learn everything they can on Surfs. And get a website pro to revise your site. A few bob well spent, IMO.

Surfs are becoming very popular (UK & Ireland), and a bit of an enthusiast's car, so seems to that providing a quality parts supply business for them would be a wise move...

Shopping on the web is a great way to do it. Consumers are becoming more canny about their rights (in case they get stung), and are maybe becoming more confident about buying online?...

Mark
                  :

Comment

Barry doesnt have staff. It's just him and his missus. I guess they are just a little out of there depth. I've been to roughthtrax and met them both and they are really nice people just trying to sell stuff to muppets like us.

Hell, i go in to bike shops every weekend and every single time i know more than the staff in the shops. But i don't feel the need to slag them off like Elvs. Just accept that if your a geek you are gonna be psssed off with everyone else cos theyre soooo inferior to you.
                    Last edited by TonyN; 16 August 2004, 22:11. Reason: pretty obvious really

Comment

perhaps some rephrasing could be done there!! hehehe!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hell, i go in to bike shops every weekend and every single time i know more than the staff in the shops. But i don't feel the need to slag them off like that Elvs bitch, she needs a fcking smack. Just accept that if your a geek you are gonna be psssed off with everyone else cos theyre soooo inferior to you.

I'm deeply shocked and offended little man

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
                          Barry doesnt have staff. It's just him and his missus. I guess they are just a little out of there depth. I've been to roughthtrax and met them both and they are really nice people just trying to sell stuff to muppets like us.
                          yeah, right on steve,
                          i've also been in several times as you guys already know.... being new the to whole surf thing, barry's given me some very useful advice (not all based on buying stuff from him either) and he's not let me down yet. i've not yet had a problem with his site or finding the parts i'm looking for..... next up's the 2" lift kit, (when i can sneak the credit card past the gate keeper...)

sure his main business has been pick-ups and he's getting into surfs because they're becoming more popular, (we all know that to..) he's also able to obtain / have made some unique parts, like those front bars that some of us use... (marky, shelly, myself and others) and the carbon look bonnet guards (not to mention those gay looking headlight guards...heehee). he's just an honest guy trying to make a living (like the rest of us) as doesn't need the beating he's taken lately......no one does.

if barry makes a mistake or does something wrong, tell him.... if he does something right, tell us all about it. don't let personal grievences cloud the issue........ehh.

see ya'll
                          Planty

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
                            Hell, i go in to bike shops every weekend and every single time i know more than the staff in the shops. But i don't feel the need to slag them off like that Elvs bitch, she needs a fcking smack. Just accept that if your a geek you are gonna be psssed off with everyone else cos theyre soooo inferior to you.

I'm deeply shocked and offended little man
                            It's ok i'll let you smack me back!

Comment

Ohhh well, he sells bootliners for the 3th gen surf. Did someone bought one and ,are they any good? Are they worth buying? Is there an alternative?

(Ohhh and when I was looking for a towbar couple of months ago, I emailed him for more info, never got reply back, but that can be blamed on the mail server probably.)

Comment

Working...
                              X