Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or old Mechanism

Hi Guys,
    Theres been alot of threads about rear window problems and its time i dealt with mine so i decided to take a look at my rear window motor and mechanism.
    Stripped it all down np, motors got play in cog and mechanism as 7 teeth missing so time to change out.
    Ill take the time to clean and survice everything whilst ive got in pieces but can anyone advise on what other options i have, meaning other brand mechanisms or do i have to settle for a used one.
    Ive checked through appropriate threads and i know i can get hold of a used ones from ebay ect but was wondering if the new ones from Milners fit correctly, has anyone had probs after fitting. Does the old motor fit the new mechanism ok.
    Thanks for taking time to read this and hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Regards
    Ste
    Last edited by Ste; 19 March 2012, 17:31.
    Life is a adventure, make it count 4x4 style

I have fitted both roughtrax and milners mechs and they were both fine.

It may be more cost effective for you to buy a decent used mech with a good motor attatched.

Rob.

Comment

Or you could maybe space the motor with washers if its only the portion of teeth missing where its been running on.

Comment

I read somewhger its the same motor as a Corolla rear can't remember which side or year, but searching with parts number brings this but no other toyota refs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-GEN...-/370531351228

That's cheap shame its ended

http://frugalmechanic.com/auto-part/...3-window-motor

Oh god the good old USA - so cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
          I read somewhger its the same motor as a Corolla rear can't remember which side or year, but searching with parts number brings this but no other toyota refs:
          Most, similar model year, Toyota motors will fit; N/S is a direct replacement, O/S needs to be turned 180 degrees. The electrical connectors have to be changed over too.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
            you sure you havnt lived in romania?

Comment

The motor seems fine, although there is play in the cog but it doesnt have any problem working on the mechanisms good teeth so i was thinking of buying a new Milner mechanism and fitting the old motor providing the old motor attaches too the new mechanism.
              Anyway thanks, gives me food for thought.
              Life is a adventure, make it count 4x4 style

Comment

Working...
              X