Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my new ride tomorrow!

Hi All,

Off to pick up my new 1994 (imported 2006) 3.0TD SSRX Ltd tomorrow - bit of a punt as I haven't seen/tested it yet but it had the spec/colour I wanted along with low mileage. If it's not as described I'll just come home empty handed.

Seller has sent me a comprehensive video of the truck, highlighting all known flaws and has scanned copies of the docs to me. It all checks out on HPI and the MOT history but I'll obviously do the necessary checks once I see the vehicle, the original paperwork and of course test it.

It's more than a 2 hour drive back from Stevenage to Dorset so I'm just hoping and praying that if I do get it it's not a dud one! Will keep an eye out for any other Surfs on my way back late morning tomorrow A1M, M25, M3 & A31!
    Attached Files

Fabulous

Originally posted by southcoastsurf View Post
    Hi All,

Off to pick up my new 1994 (imported 2006) 3.0TD SSRX Ltd tomorrow - bit of a punt as I haven't seen/tested it yet but it had the spec/colour I wanted along with low mileage. If it's not as described I'll just come home empty handed.

Seller has sent me a comprehensive video of the truck, highlighting all known flaws and has scanned copies of the docs to me. It all checks out on HPI and the MOT history but I'll obviously do the necessary checks once I see the vehicle, the original paperwork and of course test it.

It's more than a 2 hour drive back from Stevenage to Dorset so I'm just hoping and praying that if I do get it it's not a dud one! Will keep an eye out for any other Surfs on my way back late morning tomorrow A1M, M25, M3 & A31!

Cool looking truck, any more pictures - bet it cost a pretty penny

Comment

Well she was exactly as described and made the journey back with no issues and seemed happy cruising around 70! Very pleased and she was under budget too. Seems the clocks are ticking over in miles so guess it's kms up to import and then miles since but still very happy.

A few minor niggles:
      Rev counter has jumped the pin - have found the fix here on the forum.
      Slight vibration at 60-65mph but then goes - wheel balancing?
      Rear wiper does not work but not too fussed by that.
      Rear window seems to operate a little slow but does work.

Has come fitted with one of those AIBA WORKS roof racks so I'll look to sell that to fund some other bits I need. Will post a separate thread about that.

Will take some more pics once I get a chance.

Already enjoying being a Surf owner!

Comment

Probably wheel balancing.

If the rear window isn't properly closed, the wiper won't work. Grease the window up, get it working properly and the wiper may spring back to life.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the advice 'Albannach'.

What's the best thing to use to grease the window and do I just 'grease' the seals and see if that helps or do I actually need to open it up and grease the mechanism itself?

Comment

Thanks for the advice 'Albannach'.

What's the best thing to use to grease the window and do I just 'grease' the seals and see if that helps or do I actually need to open it up and grease the mechanism itself?
            Open the back up and grease the mechanism. Use either proper rubber luvricant or silicone based furniture polish on the seals.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thank you! Will give it a go.

Comment

Slight vibration at 60-65mph but then goes - wheel balancing?
                My vibe vanished after a lug centric balance X 4, even had them hub balanced first

Window might be rusty runners
                Last edited by Ploddit; 19 March 2012, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Open the back up and grease the mechanism. Use either proper rubber luvricant or silicone based furniture polish on the seals.
                  As said lube up rubbers where window slides it will save your mechanism from wearing out, I use waterproof marine grease which I use on my outboards works a treat and well worth doing............Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X