security camera advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security camera advice please.

Right then, im wanting to fit a camera to the house so i can watch it live from my iphone while away "so i can see who is robbing me"

Im not after anything technical or all singing & dancing just something simple & easy to install & easy to work.

Cheers Si.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Do you have any contacts on Sky news ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Think you just need an IP camera. Set up your home router so's it has a static IP address and then acces from your phones browser.

Friend of mine got one from off of the bay from China. Not a fantastic picture but it did what it said on the tin.

Hopefully fitting some soon, I'll know better then.

On an aside, have you thought about a burglar alarm?

Comment

We use a Smar####ch Eco Compact recorder which is plugged into our broadband router. It records about a month of 4 cameras (older, non IP cameras) at about 35fps. You can watch it live from an iPhone or through an Android app called Bubo Bubo. I think that it may also be possible to watch recorded footage. You also don't need a dynamic IP with it, which you do need with some systems.

Not cheap (worked out around €800 installed including VAT), but is a vast improvement on our old system which needed a dynamic IP and never worked right.

EDIT: The swear filter doesn't like the brand name, S m a r t w a t c h!!
        Last edited by Fey!; 5 March 2012, 14:23.

Comment

It does like Scunthorpe though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
            Think you just need an IP camera. Set up your home router so's it has a static IP address and then acces from your phones browser.

Friend of mine got one from off of the bay from China. Not a fantastic picture but it did what it said on the tin.

Hopefully fitting some soon, I'll know better then.

On an aside, have you thought about a burglar alarm?
            I do have an alarm that calls my phone if it goes off but would be nice to see the house aswell.

Comment

That was the thought as in "how will Si know to have a look at his on phone CCTV? He's gonna have to be damned good at guessing when the burglars come".

If you want something that can deal with more than one camera and records try here http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_det...8&l1=16&l2=160

Based in Heckmondwike, not sure if they sell across the counter but I think they're about £220 for 1Tb hard disk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
                That was the thought as in "how will Si know to have a look at his on phone CCTV? He's gonna have to be damned good at guessing when the burglars come".

If you want something that can deal with more than one camera and records try here http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_det...8&l1=16&l2=160

Based in Heckmondwike, not sure if they sell across the counter but I think they're about £220 for 1Tb hard disk.
                Only down the road from me.
                Think i'll call in this week, cheers for the link.

Comment

Sell up and move somewhere decent ?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    Only down the road from me.
                    Think i'll call in this week, cheers for the link.
                    Give them a ring first and see how you can buy. I'm pretty sure they don't sell across the counter.

Comment

Maplins cctv kits (there's always one or two on offer) will record and allow access from a iphone or smart phone, anything conected to the internet really, if you reset your router and your not on cable you'll have to set the remote access up again though :/

I don't work for them anymore either, long time no post, ello all

peace
                      cal
                      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X