Finally installed my body lift, so worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally installed my body lift, so worth it

Not really much of a thread just wanted to say to anyone thinking of doing a 2 inch lift, DO IT!!!

The lift its self is really easy (especially when your a mechanic for a forklift company so you can be lazy and just lift it up with a forklift )
    The only tricky parts were getting the front bumper to sit right (still working on that it sits a little to high now my brackets I made were to big) and for some reason I had to extend the fuel tank lines but that was no major as I just swiped some hydraulic lines from a forklift to use instead

Its so much fun to drive now as it also has 2 inch suspension, she towers over everything around and everyone looks at it.

Will upload some photos if anyones interested at some stage after I put the bull bars back on, and again anyone who was ever unsure about fitting one just do it, its worth every penny
    Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 3 March 2012, 10:10. Reason: Mi speelliang iz aewsum
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

After seeing the recent pictures of people's lifts they have done to their 3rd Gens I am very much tempted to do the same when funds allow. Looking forward to your pictures.

Comment

Sorry "Sclerotic Hen" photos are coming, trying to find some time at work to modify my bullbars to fit a little higher before I take photos, hopefully have it done in the weekend.

PS: I have a second gen vs your 3rd gen but will have similar results on your truck anyway so still advise to get a lift if you are even thinking about it, its great fun

Comment

I have a 2nd Gen and the more I here about people lifting theirs the more I want to get mine done.......I also can't wait to see the pics!! Do you have to extend the brake lines too??

Comment

nope dont need to extend the brake lines, they have enough give in them from factory. Probably need to if you were to do more than 2 inches but thats too far for me and most people.

Im 6.2" and it takes a small hop even for me to get in now so any further would be un practical , everyone else has to use sidesteps

Pics soon I promise bars and bumper are at work at the moment waiting for me to adjust, hopefully by the weekend still

Comment

There ya go "Sclerotic Hen" and "chris1bev".
            Finally got a chance to refit the bumper and bullbar, looks great now and Ive fallen in love with my surf all over again

Theres a few shots here, one shows the rear wheel arch space created and another with the space up in the front wheel arch, (makes changing the oil filter easy as now) another showing one of the lift blocks in the middle and you can see the side step next to it, and lastly theres a close up of the brake lines up front showing how much they uncoil once the lifts done, (no need to extend)

Easy as to do and Im happy to take any more pics if you want and can happily walk someone through the process if you are at all unsure.

Hope you enjoy the pics and good luck with your lifts

PS: shes sitting on 32's in these photos so dont let the wheel arch space fool you into thinking the tyres are small, and the towbar sits a little lower compared to before but thats a simple cut and weld if it bothers you (might do that next week)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 10 March 2012, 05:16.

Comment

She looks very nice buddy, is that a custom made snorkel?
              What makes the bumpers sit at different levels then?

Comment

Looks nice,well done!

Comment

yep thats my custom snorkel, stainless steel. makes it stand out a bit eh

The rear bumper is attached to the body so dosent need adjusting, the front bumper is just a small section of steel with 2 holes drilled 50mm apart, bumper into steel plate then steel plate into origional bolt hole, pretty simple can take a pic if you want
                  Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 10 March 2012, 09:21.

Comment

Slight update for is anyone is still following this thread, new photos with the 33 kumhos on her, dam they are wide and massively high, and so is the truck. I can see over every other car on the road

PS: thats a total of 6 inches lift now, 2 inch suspension, 2 inch Bodylift and 2 inch from tyres (from 29's now on 33's)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 15 March 2012, 07:39.

Comment

Love it! Nice work!

Comment

Looking really good.

Comment

Hopefully convince you to get your lift done also?
                          Well worth it

Comment

When funds permit then most definately! Snorkel before the lift me thinks!

Comment

Working...
                            X