X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving house...abroad

Moving abroad a company has offered to move me ..but wants cash up front

is this the norm
    Last edited by Vultch; 2 March 2012, 23:15.

Back in the day Baby

I had to pay up front to move to Scotland.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The last time I got paid relocation money I had to pay for stuff up front & then put in an expenses claim including original receipts for justifiable relocation costs.

EDIT: This was only for relocation within the UK. I can't remember how much was considered tax free at the time but I have a vague memory that it was about a grand or so.
      Last edited by Rustinho; 3 March 2012, 00:09.

Comment

Don't pay the ferryman
        till he gets you to the other side.

I can understand paying a deposit but not the full whack.
        All the best

Comment

Hi Vultch, it all depends where you are moving to, withing the EEC then it should be deposit then balance on delivery, if outside the EEC then its all upfront, this is due to customs fees import dutys etc, where abouts are you moving to, know and have dealt with quite a few companys that do this, alot will charge all upfront as you do not have a credit account with them. The bigger more well known companys are better, more expensive, but better to deal with.
          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Wow! I didn't realise folk had to pay to relocate! We just tell our administrator where we are now and where and when we're moving, Magic then happens and we move in to our new house, or hotel if we get there too soon, on the arranged date...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Moving to Germany.. removal company says its the industry norm due to bad debts leaving companies out of pocket.

This company are very competitive on price with good feedback but want payment upfront.

Albannach I had that magic service with my last employer..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

So I'v moved to Germany, I'll need to sell the old girl as I cant see her ever passing the German equivalent of an MOT, they will want the lights modified etc etc.
                Anyhow she got me across the UK and a fair chunk of Europe until today...an old wound reopened...yrs ago a garage in Belfast bodged a starter repair shearing off a mounting bolt. A second garage rescued it as best they could and bodged a fix.
                Today in a filling station with a line of cars behind me ...the starter fell out of its mounting ... bonnet up and using a bit of tree I had found I it wedged it in beside the starter to get her going ...me embarrassed no

Back in the day Baby

Comment

approx 100 miles North of Stuttgart ..I'm looking to sell her in France..they seem to like Surfs there..

A great local garage has just fixed here.. a decent repair..they dragged me over to see their fix.
                  Last edited by Vultch; 11 April 2012, 19:50.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Thanks thrifty..I'll look into that

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                    X