Just a quick question plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick question plz

Hi getting my 1st Surf tommorrow justa SSR, I need to buy a new front tyre for it as its way bald on the inside, so I need to get the tracking done asap as well. Can someone tell me the standard tyre size plz, and how much I'm gonna be looking to pay for a onroad tyre for it plz.

Thanks

Originally posted by Donk_UK
    Hi getting my 1st Surf tommorrow justa SSR, I need to buy a new front tyre for it as its way bald on the inside, so I need to get the tracking done asap as well. Can someone tell me the standard tyre size plz, and how much I'm gonna be looking to pay for a onroad tyre for it plz.

Thanks
    depending on the size of rim will dictate on the size of tyre you will require
    on a standard Toyota 15" rim it is usually 265 x 70 x 15 or 31 x 10,50 x 15
    but some narrow bodied Surfs use 235 tyres
    What do the others have written on them
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
      depending on the size of rim will dictate on the size of tyre you will require
      on a standard Toyota 15" rim it is usually 265 x 70 x 15 or 31 x 10,50 x 15
      but some narrow bodied Surfs use 235 tyres
      What do the others have written on them
      As Rusty says, different size tyres may well be fitted. With regard to the cost, this really depends on what the other tyres fitted are. You should really try to fit an identical brand and model tyre to that fitted to the opposite wheel to try maintain consistant and even handling, braking etc
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Ideally tyres should be replaced in pairs (yes, I know it is expensive).

If I were you I would move the OK rear wheels and tyres to the front and have two new on the back where the drive is all the time you are not off road.
        [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Flannelmeister
          Ideally tyres should be replaced in pairs (yes, I know it is expensive).

If I were you I would move the OK rear wheels and tyres to the front and have two new on the back where the drive is all the time you are not off road.
          isn't that just with a twin wheel setup on trucks?... probably just some story a tyre man made up!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK

Thanks
            have a look at www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com it may be cheeper in the long run to get a complete set of wheels and tyres,then you will have a spare set of rims for the set of MUDPLUGGERS that you will want to get once you get it offroad and MUDDY.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Cheers all i got a bridgestone for £70 so pretty happy with that

Comment

why did you buy it with a bald tyre? didn't you get them to make it roadworthy before you handed over the cash?
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X