Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
    Done.
    We've run sound for several BoTB series. It's tough but a really good experience for budding artists.
    You may want to re-take the vid with a shortened version of the song.
    Something I've noted over the last few years of involvement with BoTB events, short & sweet is good - leave the judges & audience wanting to hear the song again. 4mins plus is too long for the available attention span at these competitions.
    Good luck.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave, the vid doesn't count toward the comp, it's only a part of getting self publicity as there are extra prizes for this.
    As for the song, it was the only one she felt comfy enough with to let me put on youtube, (she has only been playing guitar for a couple of months)
    For her audition she sang a new one of her songs to a piano backing (on cd) and the judges said the backing track needed a lot of work.
    For the next round she has to take one of her songs,merge it with a cover then perform it live in a show in brighton at the end of april!
    Meanwhile i've been in touch with a friend of mine who is going to record some of her stuff in his pro- studio!!
    www.nelsonking.net

Thanks for clicking everybody, it is only the first step on the way but everybody has to start somewhere and your help is much appreciated

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Sorted Alan

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Done, clicked like too always helps

cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
          X