New tires and plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires and plans

I was planning on leaving my truck as it stands now and maybe find some decent used 33s if possible. Well Ive started a new offroad biz here in Canada and we've become a Trail-Gear dealer which has some requirements and well, I quickly rose to the challenge! The plans now are:

Front axle housing is from an early '80s Toyota truck
    -High-pinion third member
    -5.29:1 Gears
    -Housing has a weld-on gusset
    -Trail-Gear's "Dirty 30" Chromoly Birfields/Axle Kit
    -Trail-Gear's "Six Shooter" Knuckle Kit with ARP Studs
    -Gonna add an Aussie Locker

I'm building another rear axle housing from a '95 4Runner, sellin one in the picture
    -Elocker out of '01 Tacoma
    -5.29:1 Gears
    -Trail-Gear's Disc Brake Kit
    -Trail-Gear's Chromoly Axle Shafts
    -All new bearings, seals, studs, axle bearing pockets
    -Trail-Gear's Stud Eliminator Kit

SAS parts and other goodies:
    -Trail-Gear Trail-Link Three Front 3-Link Kit
    -Universal Shock Hoop Kit
    -Master Cylinder 1" Bore
    -35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
    -Either Profender of FOA coilovers

Also have an Engo winch on the way and need to figure out my front bumper situation and a bunch of other things. Lots to do!!

Couple pics from this last weekend rockin the 35s!

Thanks for looking!

Looking good, nice to be rich aint it? only ask as i'm not i'm in the middle of fitting a winch, keep the pics comeing,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Room for 37's next methinks.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

this looks like it'll be savage goin from the spec list...cant beat a surf wit a sas front too

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Looking good, nice to be rich aint it? only ask as i'm not i'm in the middle of fitting a winch, keep the pics comeing,
          lol not rich, just in debt. bank loan to start biz which includes some supplier buy ins. I'm beyond broke personally, this is the 3rd business I've started and run. So far this one's doing better than expected which is nice!!

No 37s for me, we have laws/regulations on vehicle mods/specifications, there is a height/width ratio and I'm trying to keep it legal. I also have to get fender flares to cover the tires as well as mud flaps.

I'll post pics as I start the SAS and other fun stuff. I plan to put the truck under the knife the last week of March.

Comment

Great stuff Boss! Loving them tyres.

Comment

Looks good Steve! Any plans to do the exhaust?
              '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Ian the exhaust was done but I kind of cut it off just after the downpipe when I was droppin the tranny since it crossed over under it and was in the way lol. I plan to remove the factory fuel tank and then do a new exaust run down the right side. I love the sound of open exhaust though and it's got to help performance at least a little so I'm thinkin of including a dump valve in the exhaust system, we'll see though. I wanna make sure I can do it properly and not worry about startin a fire underneath while on the trail.

Comment

I made up a 3" stainless steel exhaust some years back with a single straight threogh silencer and even on an old 2.4 deisel it make the exhaust note sound good, also helps with the breathing, exit'd it just in front of the rear wheel,
                  where you going to move the tank to? an old landrover 90 (80 lt) fits nicely where the underslung spare wheel sits, i fitted one once for veg oil,
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice exhaust system and I like the tank. I wouldnt be able to do that crossover pipe from right side to left cuz it would get smashed on the rocks here. I wanna keep it down the right side if I can, I'll definitely post pics once it's done.

Comment

Jack up looks cool, ive a 2'' lift on mine at the mo but after seeing daylight through yours i want more.
                      Whats yours set at the mo, excuse my lingo if from scotland
                      Life is a adventure, make it count 4x4 style

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_steve View Post
                        That is a nice exhaust system and I like the tank. I wouldnt be able to do that crossover pipe from right side to left cuz it would get smashed on the rocks here. I wanna keep it down the right side if I can, I'll definitely post pics once it's done.
                        Yeah that crossover is a pain, it never occured to me to move the tank
                        anyhow! not really a problem as i dont do off road as such, cant afford to break the thing, landy tank's long gone when the price of veg shot up when the soddin government and wholesalers cottoned on to the fact that some guys could use it as a fuel as well as cooking with,

Comment

Originally posted by Ste View Post
                          Jack up looks cool, ive a 2'' lift on mine at the mo but after seeing daylight through yours i want more.
                          Whats yours set at the mo, excuse my lingo if from scotland
                          No worries, 2" body lift with 3" rear suspension and 2.5" front suspension.

I've been getting the truck ready for a big car show this weekend that we have a vendor booth at. I sprayed down the fender flares with rockergaurd to hide the abuse then reinstalled them, they'll be removed after the show again so I can start some cutting. Front bumper got sprayed too and I replaced the broken turn signals, also threw the JDM clear corners back on (can't hav them here). Gave the truck it's 3rd wash in 2 years, spent $16 at the car wash but it looks great. Grabbed some black spray paint and used that to hide all the rust and dirt that was left under the body on the frame, suspension and axles. I gotta say the truck's looking pretty minty fresh and hasn't been this together/clean since I bought it lol.

I think I could have made it up further but it was getting close to rubbing in the back driver side and I didn't wanna rip the flares back off lol.

Comment

Added a boost controller to up the factory 7psi to 12psi:

Also added a nice tranny cooler to help keep the auto all happy:

Also installed two TG Creeper Joints in my rear driveshaft as I destroyed the rear ujoint:

Couple nice upgrades to help keep the truck goin!

Comment

Working...
                            X