Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Japan

Hello all.

I have just bought a '94 KZN130, found lots of good information here, fantastic.

Looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can, cheers.

the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadScott View Post
      Hello all.

I have just bought a '94 KZN130,
      i did too last week (same year) show us same pics.

Comment

All I have right now is some pictures from the seller, once it arrives (about a week from now) I will grab some better shots.

They're fixing the baked clearcoat on the hood and roof, we shall see.

If the engine has been run half as clean as that brake reservoir we are in business.

Interior seems fairly intact as well.

Looked good to me.

Comment

What did you give for it?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hi, welcome. Very nice looking truck !

Comment

Nice truck pity that it's not burgundy lol
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Hello all.

I have just bought a '94 KZN130, found lots of good information here, fantastic.

Looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can, cheers.
                Hello Scott. Welcome to the forum. Nice truck you've got there, but don't be too offended if anyone comments on the "bull bar". (Not to a lot of peoples tastes). It looks like a lovely clean example, and I hope that you enjoy it. Since you're in Japan, why not see if you can track down any back issues (mid to late 90's) of "Off Road Express" magazine. There should be loads of interesting stuff about KNZ130's in them. (even though its all in Japanese). Let us know how you get on with your truck.....Cheers....Mick.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I thought the older trucks had to be exported/sold/scrapped from Japan

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    What did you give for it?

One testicle (currently valued at JPY390,000).

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                    It was only 1 testicle because it's green, in black with all the unnecessary trim they go for two, even with 250k km. With only 80k and looking like that under the hood it could be chartreuse and I wouldn't care.

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                    Hello Scott. Welcome to the forum. Nice truck you've got there, but don't be too offended if anyone comments on the "bull bar". (Not to a lot of peoples tastes). It looks like a lovely clean example, and I hope that you enjoy it. Since you're in Japan, why not see if you can track down any back issues (mid to late 90's) of "Off Road Express" magazine. There should be loads of interesting stuff about KNZ130's in them. (even though its all in Japanese). Let us know how you get on with your truck.....Cheers....Mick.
                    Thanks.

Anyone who doesn't care for my truck will be farted at in their general direction.

Besides I bought it for the low miles and general condition, haven't decided how I will trim it out once it's in my hands.

I'm familiar with the Off Road mags here, I also have owned a 1973 Suzuki Jimny 360cc 2-stroke for the last 14 years, used to be my daily driver.

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                    I thought the older trucks had to be exported/sold/scrapped from Japan
                    Pure nonsense.

Any vehicle of any age/marque/mileage is perfectly OK, as long as it passes inspection, including emissions, diesels measured for particulate discharge only.

Caveat: In some regions of the Big Cities you can't register a diesel, I am in the mountains.

I have six vehicles, I think the newest is 14 years old (Mrs.' Mitsu 1100cc Pajero Jr.).

2/3 of them are 4WD.

Comment

One testicle (currently valued at JPY390,000).
                      Is that around 3 thou British pounds?

Should've imported one from the UK.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Maybe, not so much.

The system is different here, takes a while to figure out.

The vehicles that are exported are not always the pick of the litter, as seen through Japanese eyes, view is distorted. Only 'prime' rides go for anything worthwhile in Japan, I'd say the ratio of scrapped/export is about 50/50 if we are talking about old Toyotas.

It costs about Y/$/E2~3k or so to ship across the globe, a bit less if you do it in volume.

The Problem is, if it has been neglected in any way, including having had the inspection run out, the average Japanese consumer views it as scrap.

I have got tons of good cars for free.

Thus the exporters do as well, cleaning up traded or auction orphaned rides for pennies on the dollar (pence on the pound); what is left over after the clean ones are picked over are ground up and sent to China as future cat food cans...

Here in the JDM that engine compartment photo is Gold, the color of that brake fluid. As a dealer maintained car, that means everything else has been stood on at the proper interval, inspected and Good through the end of November.

No spotty maintenance when the dealer is involved, they do the whole thing.
                        Last edited by MadScott; 28 February 2012, 14:26.

Comment

Nice clean looking truck Scott, welcome aboard
                          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

i like the bash plate (i dont have one on mine ) it looks great in overall specially with that mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                              Jas your unlucky with Burgandy ....

Hi n Welcome aboard Buddy, nice looking Truck enjoy ya stay n ya Truck

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X