yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Gen with cracked head, break or fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasar1968 View Post
    hi repairs cost in the region of £2000 including labour so based on that i would offer £1200

Bwaaaaahaaaahaaaaa - Dr Anglegrinder in that there Blazingsmoke charges around half that for a head change and he KNOWS what he's doing too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

hi repairs cost in the region of £2000 including labour so based on that i would offer £1200
      Don't think this post is very helpful or in the interest of Forum members it represents (as already mentioned by others) only the OP n his business interests n his ethics are questionable !!

By the way most members make a contribution of some sort (contribution, sponsorship etc, etc)
      I can't see any indication from the OP of this ....
      Freeloading n in any case imho .......

So imho should be confined to Room 101

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        Don't think jotto can press the delete button fast enough!
        Why are all the replies being deleted?

Curly

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
          Don't think this post is very helpful or in the interest of Forum members it represents (as already mentioned by others) only the OP n his business interests n his ethics are questionable !!

By the way most members make a contribution of some sort (contribution, sponsorship etc, etc)
          I can't see any indication from the OP of this ....
          Freeloading n in any case imho .......

So imho should be confined to Room 101

Jeez, I'm only getting ideas for what to do with it. If I do decide to sell it in either case, I would stick it in the forsale section and pay the fee.

Curly

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
            Jeez, I'm only getting ideas for what to do with it. If I do decide to sell it in either case, I would stick it in the forsale section and pay the fee.

Curly
            By the sound of it ya think I was referring to you personally "I was not"
            No arm twisting or finger pointing intended ...
            Ya only doing what the forum is meant for, n seeking information is par for the course whereas others are not quite playing cricket !!

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Dealer is not the OP Mr Weazel... if I have read your post correctly?
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                By the sound of it ya think I was referring to you personally "I was not"
                No arm twisting or finger pointing intended ...
                Ya only doing what the forum is meant for, n seeking information is par for the course whereas others are not quite playing cricket !!

Oh I read ya! Sorry. I've had a horrendous last couple of days, so didn't mean to snap.

Cheers,

Curly

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Dealer is not the OP Mr Weazel... if I have read your post correctly?
                  I may not have explained it quite as well as I could have John n was referring to
                  This OP
                  [Quote Originally Posted by nasar1968
                  hi i would give a reasonable amount for your hilux what would you consider [Quote[

n not the Original Thread Starter, I consider myself

Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 21 February 2012, 23:41. Reason: ommissions
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

I knew what you meant Jess.
                    The dealer always wants to make cash from someones misery. Repair it Curly. It's worth it.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      .GHD's broken? Repair it Curly. Because you're worth it.

I knew what Jess meant as well, but it could come across he was refering to the OP when he wasn't. That's all.
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Not so hard was it, I knew you could be helpful if you tried. Was only trying to get you involved rather than just lurking and upsetting poeple like all thats happened so far.

Reasonable offer on the truck, I reckon I'd want £1.5k at least for it as its a nice newer 3rd Gen, but I've never charged more than £1200 for a 3.0 head job, and that when we were paying £800 (trade, they are about that now retail these days) for a fully built up Genuine Toyota head.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Curly, I have been after an intercooled surf for a while now I would be interested in buying it as it is. Send me an email please on juniorjay0@gmail.com. I have a friend who could charge me next to nothing for labour on replacing the head.
                          Kind regards
                          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Not so hard was it, I knew you could be helpful if you tried. Was only trying to get you involved rather than just lurking and upsetting poeple like all thats happened so far.

Reasonable offer on the truck, I reckon I'd want £1.5k at least for it as its a nice newer 3rd Gen, but I've never charged more than £1200 for a 3.0 head job, and that when we were paying £800 (trade, they are about that now retail these days) for a fully built up Genuine Toyota head.
                            Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I was looking for a new head last night, but can only find OE quality ones which sound a bit dodgy to me!

I would like to buy a genuine Toyota head as mentioned in your post above. Can you let me know where to look?

Cheers,

Curly

Comment

Hi, you may struggle ATM, Stevo at the Engine Company was supplying Genuine heads, but I know he has had trouble scourcing them recently without paying Dealer prices. Charvil rang him yesterday and he said he didn't have any.

Don't be afraid of the good OE ones, especially where there is plenty of feedback on them on sites like this, I've fitted no end of Roughtrax supplied heads, and we've not ever had an issue with them.

Really just avoid anything that's to cheap to be true, or something random off ebay that you can't prove they arn't telling pokies in the listing.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                                Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I was looking for a new head last night, but can only find OE quality ones which sound a bit dodgy to me!

I would like to buy a genuine Toyota head as mentioned in your post above. Can you let me know where to look?

Cheers,

Curly
                                I fitted a Roughtrax 2.4 head just after I bought my old Surf. It was still going strong when I sold the truck last week after 2½ years or so. I'd have no hesitation in doing exactly the same thing again if I needed a new head.

If I remember correctly from a thread that got deleted due to an argument, the Roughtrax heads are supplied by AMG so there shouldn't be anything to worry about with regards to where they come from if you're not familiar with the high quality stuff that Roughtrax supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X