yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Gen with cracked head, break or fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen with cracked head, break or fix?

So, the story is this:

I have a black Gen 3 Surf 1998 'R' SSRX 3.0td with intercooler, rear spoiler and a towbar. Everything on it works fine, (except the ariel), but the head has a crack in it or something, and it is blowing bubbles into the expansion tank.

Can anyone give me a ball park figure of how much it would be worth as it is, for either a project for someone, or for someone to break it for parts?

Or do I buy a new head and fix it properly and keep it/sell it as a running car?

To be honest, I have a second car, and quite fancy getting a road legal quad bike to use for laning and tinkering about with, so reckon I'd more than likely sell the surf to fund the quad. Anyone fancy swapping their quad for it??

Many thanks in advance!

Curly

It's not worth not fixing it IMHO, I doubt you'll get more than £1k for unless you're really lucky with a cracked head, it'll only cost £1kish to fix even if you pay someone to do it, less if you do it.

Its a £3-4K (if not more if you're patient) truck all day long in working condition.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      It's not worth not fixing it IMHO...

Its a £3-4K (if not more if you're patient) truck all day long in working condition.
      Do you mean it is worth fixing it, then? I would have thought so.
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Repair it and keep it or sell it as a runner.I sold my 1999 3rd gen last year for £4500 but i did advertise it for £5000 to allow haggling down.You should get £4000 easy enough if you decide to sell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

In my opinion, you,d be off your head to NOT repair it. Either fix it and keep it, or fix it and sell it ( for 4000ish ) If you let it go as spares repair, youll get naff all for it and thats the total purchase price ( minus the naff all )down the drain. Fix it and sell it and you should have around 3000 for your pocket
          Сви можемо

Comment

Well I was doing the decent thing and staying out as Wolf had made an offer but as nasar is now in to do a deal.
            How about this Curly, bring it to me, I will repair and pay for the parts, we will then sell it and split the cash.
            Brian

Comment

Wow! Loads of replies!!

Heres the idea: If I want to sell it I will pay the fee and put it in the for sale section. Either that or I will fix it myself and then sell it.

Or I'll swap it for a road legal quad bike such as a Polaris Sportsman 700, or a Yamaha Grizzly/Suzuki King Quad 700.

Thanks for the offers,

Curly

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                Wow! Loads of replies!!

Heres the idea: If someone gives me £2500, they can have it as it stands.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Go on... give us a picture
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                    Can anyone give me a ball park figure of how much it would be worth as it is.
                    Originally posted by nasar1968
                    hi i would give a reasonable amount for your hilux what would you consider
                    Helpful reply as ever. How about actually offering help and advise someone instead of just using this site to make money.

Post up what you think its worth, as it is and fixed, as the OP asked, its an easy question.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Fix it, and put it up for £3500, but buyer collects.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'll save you the bother
                        Last edited by Wolfracer; 20 February 2012, 22:59.
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

hi repairs cost in the region of £2000 including labour so based on that i would offer £1200

Comment

Dealer's a bit desperate tonight ain't he?
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Don't think jotto can press the delete button fast enough!
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X