Who's using veg-oil now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's using veg-oil now?

Just curious as to how many of us are now experimenting with using veggie or bio as a fuel??

There's been plenty of interest on the threads, but how many have taken the plunge.....
    Yes - I'm using a Veg-oil / diesel mix
    29.27%
    Yes - I'm using BioDiesel (or BioDiesel/Diesel mix)
    0%
    No - I tried it but stopped
    4.88%
    No - But I'm strongly considering using a Veg-oil mix
    39.02%
    No - But I'm strongly considering using Biodiesel
    14.63%
    No Way, I'm sticking with fossil fuels
    12.20%
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Originally posted by Morr
    Just curious as to how many of us are now experimenting with using veggie or bio as a fuel??

There's been plenty of interest on the threads, but how many have taken the plunge.....
    I have voted as 'Tried but Stopped' as I am keeping my snout clean until the Customs have marked me as "Entered" then I will be running with a combination of Veg Oil and Dino diesel.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Stop press !!!!!!!!

The Postman delivered a letter this morning - I am now "entered" Oh ER Missus !!!!!

so the Green hippo will soon have the gentle aroma of a mobile chip shop

Trev

Ps can I move my vote ?

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Stop press !!!!!!!!

The Postman delivered a letter this morning - I am now "entered" Oh ER Missus !!!!!

so the Green hippo will soon have the gentle aroma of a mobile chip shop

Trev

Ps can I move my vote ?
        Sorry Trev, but I don't think that's possible. I can't even see who voted much less move any votes, unless of course the mods know any different........
        Maurice

Comment

That's ok Morr,

Well as soon as I can raid some Veg Oil I will be a veg / dino mix surfer

Trev

Comment

I see we've had 2 members try veg-oil but stop, Trev has already covered his situation, I'd be curious as to why the other person stopped, hopefully it was not because any problems were encountered....
            Maurice

Comment

been running mine on it for 3 months now, 20 litres per fill-up. no probs, nor any change in performance.
              Dave

Comment

I voted
                No - but strongly considering biodiesel

What I hope to do is run a biodiesel/vegoil mix, looking into it now with the intent of making my own bio from WVO and WVO mix.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
                  I voted
                  No - but strongly considering biodiesel

What I hope to do is run a biodiesel/vegoil mix, looking into it now with the intent of making my own bio from WVO and WVO mix.

Excellent stuff, I started last year to build a processor to make my own Bio, but haven't found the time to finish it yet... I've have to stick with SVO for the moment but hope to eventually get to bio.
                  Maurice

Comment

Make this a sticky

Morr

I think you should ask to make this a sticky to keep this up on the agender

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
                      Morr

I think you should ask to make this a sticky to keep this up on the agender

I'm not sure I'd be justified in doing this, I'd like to think it were popular enought o warrant being a sticky, but with under 30 votes on the poll its probably not a topic of major concern to the majority of members. Anyway, if you look at the amount of time the other main thread on Veg-oil has been revieved, I'm sure those interested in the topic will find, and where required, continue to contribute/vote on this thread.

That's just my opinion, if others disagree and think it should be a sticky, just say so and I'll look into it.

Additionally, I've had a pm expressing concern that C&E might spot evaders using a thread such as this, you'll note that the results of the poll do not display the identities of the voters, so apart from posting on the thread all votes are AFAIK anonomyous.
                      Maurice

Comment

Working...
                      X