Rules on digging up the road at 23:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules on digging up the road at 23:30

Is there any law or rules that state you shouldn't dig up the road or complete road or pavement works during the night in a residential area?

Surely the council should have issued the residents with disposable ear-plugs? I don't even live directly on the road, have double-glazing and it's still bothering me. I feel sorry for the people who have front doors which open onto it.

The way this country is run some times baffles me.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

I used to work for a company that CCTV'ed sewers, we had to work at night on any road the council deemed to busy to cause traffic issues when we needed to lift covers in the road and send the robot down.

People used to complain about the generator running at the early hours, but we didn't have any choice, wasn't allowed to do it during the day.

Some people can be proper grumpy when woken up!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

will be a noise issue and for your local EHO to deal.
      They may have permission to do the work but the EHO can deem excesive noise and stop it.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Some people can be proper grumpy when woken up!!
        I bet they can!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
          will be a noise issue and for your local EHO to deal.
          They may have permission to do the work but the EHO can deem excesive noise and stop it.
          Thanks Nigel.
          I'll be a grumpy bar steward and make a complaint tomorrow. I'll also complain about the street lights that are not working.

This is fun.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Street lights not working are due to local cut backs, same across the country in a lot of areas.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Street lights not working are due to local cut backs, same across the country in a lot of areas.
              That's the biggest joke I have ever heard. I don't think that is the case this time though as it's just a couple in a street.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I wish it was a joke but sadly true, plenty of dark unlit roads around many towns now.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

I wish it was a joke but sadly true, plenty of dark unlit roads around many towns now.
                  Might as well cut back on the NHS staff and Firemen then, with that kind of dumb mentality. Are all of our councils people on drugs? It doesn't make sense when they install "speed cushions" then remove them, then re install them the next month, and complete other seemingly rediculous works at large costs but turn off or cut back on necessities.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Street lights:
                    report to your local council-ours even emailed me to say when they were going to fix it.... no cut backs here then!

EVHO - by the time they come out the work will be done. Put up, shut up and enjoy the benefits of your new services... it's not going to be for long is it?
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

As far as i'm aware the roads can be "dug up" anytime, all depends if the work's classed as emergancy or the roads too busy dureing the day, we did many "all Nighters" when i was on gas escapes (just after the conversion),
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Youre turning into a proper little whinger Tony. You want everything working to your satisfaction, fully repaired when its broken, but without any impact on your life. Youll be joining the ranks of Daily Mail readers next ( Like Slobodan) and blaming it all on immigrants ,council house tenants, or pikeys ( whatever they are)
                        You cant make an omlette without breaking eggs. Now off you go and buy yourself some earplugs.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                          Youll be joining the ranks of Daily Mail readers next ( Like Slobodan)
                          Daily Mail is great and true.

It was pikeys that nicked Dieselboy's wheels.

It was probably Pikey subbies digging up the street.

Pikeys nicked the electricity from his streetlamps.

He was once romantically involved with a tipper truck driver/operator.

My case is rested.
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                          X