New Surf & Need help identifying Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf & Need help identifying Rims

Hi Guys, after being Surfless for well over a year I finally found a decent one locally, so I bought it!!

I still regret getting rid of my old 3.0 SSRX, I should have just spent the money on getting it fixed... Oh well you live at learn eh!! even when you are rapidly approaching the half century!

It would have been cheaper in the long run as I must have spent twice as much trying to find a decent vehicle ever since I parted with the old girl (The truck..wife's still here!)

I have been through a host of vehicles from Frontera's to Honda's to Explorers and eventually ending up with the only thing anywhere near..an old Toyota Avensis..but to be honest it wasn't a patch on the Surf!

Anyway..THAT'S ALL HISTORY!! and I have to report....I am chuffed to bits with my new 3.0 SSRX.. I have not had a lot of time to do a great deal due to the weather and poor health..but did give it a good service (oil, filters, coolant, grease points, rear window etc..you know the general stuff!)

I hope to post some decent pics soon as I have done a nice, simple blue interior light mod and a cheap blue heater display mod (no where near as good as popeye's though but it was cheap and I needed decent lighting for a family emergency ... and the "bit of blue" just reflected nicely off the inside of the screen to be able to give a safe passage!..as you do! ..when needs must!!....plus just about to fit a nice CB radio and have a great mouting place for the antenna..pics to follow!!

So back to my Humble request.. I say Humble, as I have the greatest respect for this forum and it's members..as without you I would never be in a position to own a Surf , the knowledge and support I have acquired from you guys has been legend!!.and I am sincerely greatful!.. (Oh and yes! as soon as my health improves I will be paying my subs again)...I just need to get through next months appointments at Lincoln County Hospital and hopefully things will get better for me.

Right enough grovelling!! ...The wheels on my Surf are not standard, and I need to identify the rims as I have a damaged one which I want to replace and obviously don't want to buy a full set of rims, but have no idea if they are bespoke or came from another vehicle..the tyres fitted to them are 265/75/16,..no markings on the rims that I can make out!.. I was amazed that they do not rub as the Truck has not been lifted!...(oh and the spare is a standard 15" alloy so no hope there)

Thanks Guys!!

Andy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hawkan; 14 February 2012, 21:55.

Mine came on 16" rims and was quite happy and they don't seem to rub at all. Now back on 15" just 'cause I found some pretty alloys.

Comment

Hello Andy. Post a picture of the wheels, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Edit . Sorry, when I answered, there was no picture.........
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi, Mate, no probs, Slow PC I am afraid a bit like the old bones, anyway it;s there now ( I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
          Mine came on 16" rims and was quite happy and they don't seem to rub at all. Now back on 15" just 'cause I found some pretty alloys.
          Oh Nice, let's see them then.. I just thought 16" on a gen 2 without a lift would rub.. but really glad they dont!!

Comment

Well if you'd like to explain (preferably in words of no more than three syllables) slowly and in very simple language as to how you attach photos I'd be glad to. I believe it has something to do with photobucket but never got past that. Sorry

Comment

I'm having trouble opening the attached picture on my phone, but from what I can see in the thumbnail image, I'd say they look a lot like the wheels off a 3rd gen Surf. I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing will be able to confirm or correct this shortly...
              Andy

Comment

Definitely NOT standard 3rd gen rims.
                Сви можемо

Comment

Fair enough!

I thought they looked like these, which came on my friend's 3rd gen, but it's entirely possible that they're not the standard ones.

Last edited by Team Japan; 15 February 2012, 17:43.
                  Andy

Comment

Thanks for all your help so far guys, from what I have learnt the rims maybe Enkei's Japanese (JDM) , which would make sense as it's a japanese import but all I can find so far are a full set of 7 spoke, no six and they are in Aus...soooo..still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
                      Fair enough!

I thought they looked like these, which came on my friend's 3rd gen, but it's entirely possible that they're not the standard ones.

Cheers Andy!, They are the one's..any idea where the chap acquired them from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
                        Well if you'd like to explain (preferably in words of no more than three syllables) slowly and in very simple language as to how you attach photos I'd be glad to. I believe it has something to do with photobucket but never got past that. Sorry
                        I found the simplest way is to just click the paperclip icon, browse to the location of the pic on your pc and select it, you just have to make sure you are within the size limits allowed..that's how I uploaded mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkan View Post
                          Cheers Andy!, They are the one's..any idea where the chap acquired them from?
                          None at all, sorry! They were on the car already when he bought it a couple of years ago. I'll have a look and ask him next time I see him.
                          Andy

Comment

OK I'll give it a go.
                            Ooh, easy as that. I'll try and get one of the wheels tomorrow then.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X