No announcement yet.

Builders help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi im a builder i would agree with what Wolfracer said.
    i also would take the plastic off i bet the wood is rotten under it ,its been overclad to cover up. so take off the plastic remove the old timber and renew with plastic or new painted timber fascia. then repoint.

Comment

I am not a builder.

Maybe construct a fault into an electrical device and burn the lot down.

As you are in Wales you should get at least 12,000 on the insurance (as long as you claim for whiplash as well)

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
        i also would take the plastic off i bet the wood is rotten under it ,its been overclad to cover up. so take off the plastic remove the old timber and renew with plastic or new painted timber fascia. then repoint.
        from the pics i too also agree but wait for better weather its not a urgent job

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
          That could explain it;

1. Timber bargeboard rots
          2. Someone covers timber bargeboard with brown plastic bargeboard
          3. Brown plastic bargeboard stick out so far that there is no drip
          4. Water runs back in to wall along top of plastic bargeboard
          5. Someone decides to fill the gap between plastic bargeboard and tiles with mortar

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            There are some areas that look white - have these been patched up before?.
            Yes M8 they have been done before.

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            I am not a builder.

Maybe construct a fault into an electrical device and burn the lot down.

As you are in Wales you should get at least 12p on the insurance (as long as you claim for whiplash as well)

Thank you all for your very constructive (except slobbydobbydoodah ) advice and all the tips, it's much appreciated
            Last edited by Balllsy; 15 February 2012, 20:24.

Comment

Working...
            X