Continental Cross Contour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continental Cross Contour

I have the above 275/70 R16 tyres fitted on the Surf and they are fairly new with loads of tread. They seem to have a disappointing grip. Even on dry roads when pulling off, they wheel spin. If pulling the caravan off wet grass, it goes into wheel spin mode even when gently touching the accelerator.
    Recently with all the rain etc, they seem even worse and sometimes I think the back end is going to break away. I am a sedate driver and not a boy racer unless I am using the Fiesta.
    Wife does not like driving the Surf with these tyres on. On our previous Surf we had Bridgestone Duellers AT which offered excellent grip.
    Does any one else have the above Continental tyres and suffer the same issue? Thinking of changing them for either BFGs AT, General Grabbers AT or Bridgestone duellers AT. Most driving is on tarmac.

I didn't like the GG AT-2s on mine, they were probably great in mud, and they were good in fresh snow, but they were a liability in the wet on tarmac. I don't go mad, but if you had to brake reasonably hard (not emergency-stop scenarios), the car would skid forward for a bit.

I swapped them for thse: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m101b0s152...70R16_112H_TL_

They are very good in the wet in comparison with the GGs. No probs whatsoever. They are far easier to balance as they aren't offroad shaped, so I can sit at decent speed on the M1 without worrying about the shakes, and they have been great in the snow and ice this week.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
      I didn't like the GG AT-2s on mine, they were probably great in mud, and they were good in fresh snow, but they were a liability in the wet on tarmac. I don't go mad, but if you had to brake reasonably hard (not emergency-stop scenarios), the car would skid forward for a bit.

I swapped them for thse: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m101b0s152...70R16_112H_TL_

They are very good in the wet in comparison with the GGs. No probs whatsoever. They are far easier to balance as they aren't offroad shaped, so I can sit at decent speed on the M1 without worrying about the shakes, and they have been great in the snow and ice this week.
      Tread does not look that different to the Continental cross contour. Perhaps the Bridgestone Duellers will be the best all round tyre.

Comment

if you want to change tyres look at this
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65336
        i think he still got them tyres
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

BFG A/T's every time for me.

Had 31's and 33's on the black truck, they are fantastic alround road, snow and offroad tyres.

Our 33's have around 30k miles on them now, and the 31's had simular before selling them.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have GG AT-2s on mine & they were ok when new but now slipping & sliding in the wet (not nice)
            i was hoping to fit cooper discoverer AT3 or cooper discoverer STmaxx.
            Anyone have any of these fitted?
            What are cooper like?
            G1xer

Comment

I have the Cooper ATs on mine. Better (quieter and more grip) on road than BFG Ats on previous truck but not as good off road (towing 2 horse trailer on wet fields).
              We don't go offroading as such but 4WD needs to be engaged much earlier with the Coopers than the BFGs to get started on damp grass surfaces.
              Cheers,
              Mark

Comment

I have the GG AT'2 on mine & they have been on for the last 18 months with no problems what so ever, had enduro HT before them & they were total Black banana ditch finders.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

i have just been offered 4 gg at2's for £250 ono and only done 1500 miles.I need to get them home from Hampshire.They are a good tyre
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Wouldn't mind getting Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tyres if they supplied them in the correct size. Currently have 265/70 R16 and they only seem to do them in a size 265/75 R16.

Comment

265/75/r16

WILL FIT FINE.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X