Headlight Bulb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Bulb.

Hi, Could anybody tell me the number of the Headlight Bulb on my 2nd gen 93 Surf ? Just got in it to go the work ands it blown. Hopefully an H4 as I have loads of them at home. I will have to do it after this 12 hour night shift. Also is there much stripping out, passenger side. Thanks very much in advance..Webbo.

H4 webbo mate.
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks very much, Guess its just battery and coolant tank off ? Just what I need after 12 hour night shift....

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Thanks very much, Guess its just battery and coolant tank off ? Just what I need after 12 hour night shift....
        Yep!
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

At least it'll be light...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Last time I finished Nights I had to weld a Mates Girlfreinds Sill up on Her Feista, It was only my Dogs coming under the Car and licking my face that woke me ! O Dear.....

Comment

Last time I finished Nights I had to weld a Mates Girlfreinds Sill up on Her Feista, It was only my Dogs coming under the Car and licking my face that woke me ! O Dear.....
              :rofl: so many jokes, so hard to reply on my nokia 3210...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hi, Could anybody tell me the number of the Headlight Bulb on my 2nd gen 93 Surf ? Just got in it to go the work ands it blown. Hopefully an H4 as I have loads of them at home. I will have to do it after this 12 hour night shift. Also is there much stripping out, passenger side. Thanks very much in advance..Webbo.
                Hey david. If you're changing one, it 's only a few minutes more to do them both. It's about the same amount of effort to do either side. Why not upgrage to some Osram Night breakers, some of the Halfords "Extra Brilliant", or even some of the higher wattage replacements manufactured by Ring.....Cheers....Mick.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  Hey david. If you're changing one, it 's only a few minutes more to do them both. It's about the same amount of effort to do either side. Why not upgrage to some Osram Night breakers, some of the Halfords "Extra Brilliant", or even some of the higher wattage replacements manufactured by Ring.....Cheers....Mick.
                  Thanks Mick, Do they need any additional stronger wiring, and are they much better than originals ? Yes folks about a ten minute job, remove battery unbolt coolant tank and air intake duct no probs.

Comment

I have just upgraded mine to Osram Nightbreakers,

No wiring upgrade needed.

Much better light output now.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Thanks Mick, Do they need any additional stronger wiring, and are they much better than originals ? Yes folks about a ten minute job, remove battery unbolt coolant tank and air intake duct no probs.
                      Hi David. When I changed mine, I went for the "Halfords Extra Brilliant". I've no doubt that with the wiring loom upgrade, there would have been even further improvement. When I did mine I stayed with the existing wiring. there was a decent improvement in the beam quality, with a slightly bluish white light. While we're on the subject of lights, I also upgraded the front sidelights from 5w to 21w. the bulbs are the wide capless type, and are easily available. This makes a huge difference when just driving on sidelights......Cheers.....Mic k.
                      Last edited by MWS; 5 February 2012, 15:39.
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

[QUOTE=slobodan;754167]I have just upgraded mine to Osram Nightbreakers,

No wiring upgrade needed.

Much better light output now.

[/QUOT

Thanks I will order some.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          Hi David. When I changed mine, I went for the "Halfords Extra Brilliant". I've no doubt that with the wiring loom upgrade, there would have been even further improvement. When I did mine I stayed with the existing wiring. there was a decent improvement in the beam quality, with a slightly bluish white light. While we're on the subject of lights, I also upgraded the front sidelights from 5w to 21w. the bulbs are the wide capless type, and are easily available. This makes a huge difference when just driving on sidelights......Cheers.....Mic k.
                          Thanks Mick, very helpfull.

Comment

Working...
                          X