Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm new to the wonderful world of Hilux Surfs.

I'm currently looking at importing a 1993 3.0ltr Turbo Diesel model, and am using a company called AutoAdvan. First question is:

Does anybody have experience with this company and if so how did it go?

Second question is: Once I've got my fantastic Surf can anyone suggest a good insurance company - I'm planning to look for 'classic' car insurance since it'll be over 10 years old.

Many thanks
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Originally posted by nednil
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm new to the wonderful world of Hilux Surfs.

I'm currently looking at importing a 1993 3.0ltr Turbo Diesel model, and am using a company called AutoAdvan. First question is:

Second question is: Once I've got my fantastic Surf can anyone suggest a good insurance company - I'm planning to look for 'classic' car insurance since it'll be over 10 years old.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the mad world of surfdom.

Sorry can't help you with Autoadvan but insurance is covered very well in the faq section. I'm insured with Footman James just over £400 this inc of break down cover, but there is a whole list for you to go through to get your quotes.

Enjoy
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

hi
      never dealt with importers so can't help you there, but as for insurance i use norwich union - £376 f/comp wth 9 years no claims 36 yo.
      have heard tescos could be even cheaper
      [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
        Hi Guys,

This question has come up before - try
        http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...searchid=57038

As for insurance companies, there is a list on this forum.
        I got a good deal from A-Plan in Thatcham so it might be worth giving them a try.
        0845 071 1234 ask for the imports department
        Keith

Comment

hello
          we've just used autoadvan to import our 1993 2.4 td ssr x and could not fault their service!!! they answered any questions we had quickly when emailing them and had no problem with us phoning either. the only problem we had was with the delivery driver but that's another story , hope this helps.
          thanks

Comment

Tesco's are one of the better insurance companies. Got mine for £380 fully comp with only introductory bonus as i use my no claims for another car.
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Norwich union told me that they insure imports but only if they are under 10 years old, Tesco's are a nightmare, they quoted me something like £380 fully comp for a 93 ssrx, then when I bought a 91 ssr ltd, they tried to charge me £650 fully comp because it didn't appear on their computer system.
              Aplan were very helpful, and bloomin cheap too !!

Andy.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your excellent responses. They were all really helpful.

Many thanks,

Rob
                Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
                X