Online quotes for grey import truck insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online quotes for grey import truck insurance

Anyone know of online companies that will do quotes for a grey import?

So far by phone £375 Liverpool Victoria and £348 Adrian Flux .......last year Groupma quoted me £963 ish

Cheers
    Mark

I found Admiral (multicar in my case) to be the cheapest I found this time around. Previously A-Plan.

Comment

Sureterm came back cheapest for me but are a PITA to deal with.
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
        Sureterm came back cheapest for me but are a PITA to deal with.
        Did they quote online?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Started quote online and they phoned back because i didn't finish it, call centre staff do my head in.
          Last edited by dazandcaz; 21 January 2012, 16:18. Reason: sorry, brain farts
          Non consternationes.

Comment

I am looking to switch and filled in a sureterm quote online on Thu night, it came back around £900, so I didn't take it.

They called me, unsolicited, at work yesterday morning, to see if they could do me a better deal. Told them immediately they had £408 to beat, he spent 20 minutes taking questions and came back with £880 (this was with Highway, who can't quote direct, but are resold by Sureterm - when I was going to buy a Mk2 in 2010 they had quoted me less than £300)...

"Do you wish to proceed?" he asked.

"No." I said. I was expecting him to do some magic.

"OK, thanks for your time." he says.

THE END.

I am 44, 6 yrs no claims, clean licence, wife with clean licence never claimed, Surf on drive overnight. £408 is with £600 excess and 5K miles p/a. I'd prefer more miles as we are looking to move to one car as I am working cycling distance away, hence keeping the Surf to do ~12K p/a.

Crazy prices online. Still looking, got until Feb 13th to find better.
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

ive just renewed with admiral multi car, spent weeks searching and noone could come close, got both of my cars insured for the same price as just the surf
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

I have insured via FootmanJames for several years.

This year their annual renewal letter / reminder offered £900 plus [ over twice what I paid in 2010 - have never claimed btw ] .

I said No of course and started looking elsewhere.

Eventually FJ came up with insurance which suited me [ because it allows
                unlimited periods abroad, rather than the usual 30 or 60 days restriction ]
                at just over £412.

I'm guessing that the closer you leave it till renewal date, the less likely you
                are to get a decent offer.

Comment

Just gone with Sureterm £270
                  All the best

Comment

Lifesure for me. Just got a very good deal for Fully Comp on Hilux Surf 3.0 diesel. HOORAY for this forum for this is where I got their name from. Cheaper than Adrian Flux, and miles cheaper than my exisitng insurer, or anybody I talked to. Their number is 01480 504097. Ask for Adam Cakebread. He knows that "imports" are not the work of the Satan.

Comment

hello

Comment

For those who are engaged in transportation - this https://www.total-insurance.co.uk/courier-insurance/ insurance is almost mandatory. This type of insurance covers legal liability for loss of or damage to the goods carried by the carrier under the CMR Convention. There are a lot of terms and conditions that you need to read carefully before concluding the contract. Who had the experience?

Comment

Working...
                        X