yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading up to Skye for the Weekend. Opinions on Route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading up to Skye for the Weekend. Opinions on Route.

Hi folks,

As it says I'm heading up to Skye for the weekend with the lass. However I'm in 2 minds on which route to take. I'm taking the surf due to incoming forecasts for this weekend.

I'm setting off from Edinburgh tomorrow morning. Just basically need advice whether or not to head up the A9 or go west and up past Fort William. I never go up the A9 when I'm heading up to Oban or anything. Just with the snow hitting I'm wondering if the A9 will be easier.

Let me know. I fancy a scenic drive up the A82 but sensible brain is coming on.

Cheers,

Lewis

North west!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

A82 every time in a Surf - and at this time of the year it won't be clogged up with grockles and hay lorries !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

A82

It's due to get milder tomorrow and the next day, you should be fine!

Have a good run!!
        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

A82 it is.

I love Glen Coe, and always drive up this way. Still never done the A9 in the many times I've driven up.

May have some pictures from the weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

A82 every time in a Surf - and at this time of the year it won't be clogged up with grockles and hay lorries !

Not been on the A82 for over 10 years but remember it as a great drive if your into beautiful landscapes.

Sod it, we're going to scotland this year.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

We've driven to Skye via the A82 many times but to my eternal regret we've never had the time to make the best of the journey - it's on our list of things to do but herself is demanding a guarantee of good weather as well !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

This is why I went up!

And the teeny bit of snow on the A82. What a pish winter it's been.

A good drive up. Followed by a nice weekend of walking and a very slow drive back down due to numerous roadworks and bad drivers!

Oh and the only breakage of the whole weekend!

Teeth worn out on rear window regulator!!
                Last edited by Lew_e; 24 January 2012, 16:34.

Comment

Exactly why we like going, (we cope with the nutters) just to be up there, mind
                  getting withdraw'l symptoms after 12 months n no visit !!
                  Hope to change that soon .........

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X