That's It My Surf Has Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's It My Surf Has Gone!

Only in the' For Sale' section a few hours yesterday and it's gone today, to a forum member I'm glad to say!

I'd just like to thank Ally (Surflover) for an easy and hassle free deal, it was a pleasure to meet you and your friends. If only all selling experiences were as straightforward as this!

I hope you have many happy, trouble free, years with your new pride and joy.

Cheers, mate.

Jim.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Well Done ! double quick sale !
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Already? Didn't you only just buy it?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Was/tis a nice 3rd gen, hopfully we'll still see it around.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Don't worry boys you'll still see it around. Will do some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the great deal on such a well looked after truck Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Already? Didn't you only just buy it?
            14 months ago Andy, it just wasn't being used. I have down sized, the BMW and the Surf have both gone in favour of a smaller, and more economical, 4X4.

Originally posted by surflover View Post
            Don't worry boys you'll still see it around. Will do some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the great deal on such a well looked after truck Jim.
            I'm sure you'll look after her mate, hope you had a comfortable journey home. If your putting your own plate on try selling the LUX plate, I'm sure someone would be interested.

Comment

If you can be arsed I'd like to hear what you think of your RAV I've heard so much bad about the DPF system on them.

Comment

Jim I can't believe you've done this I thought you were one of the die hards of the surf community

Comment

Got to say it looked very very good...been thinking maybe I should have converted a Gen3 for my travels.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

I guess a few of us are having to make difficult decisions, I have just had a trawl round some of the 'mainstream' pitches there doesn't seem much of a choice as a replacement nowadays ? Kia sportage, Nissan X trail, Rav4, Honda CRV all look the same etc and all fetch top prices for relative jumble quality, I'm dreading getting rid of mine, best offer as atrade in was nice though, 5K
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                      Jim I can't believe you've done this I thought you were one of the die hards of the surf community
                      Had to think long and hard about it Andy but it was a lovely truck going to waste. It was lucky if it got used once a fortnight. I used to love a run into the country or the coast during the summer in the Surf but I just couldn't justify keeping it.

I've got my old Vitara for green laning etc but I wouldn't like to travel far in it! Hopefully if there's ever another Scottish road trip with Brian, yourself and the Weasel etc I'll be able to tag along in my Rav (it is still a Toyota at least!)

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
                      If you can be arsed I'd like to hear what you think of your RAV I've heard so much bad about the DPF system on them.
                      Only had it 18 hours, mate! I like it a lot, a bit like a mini Surf to be honest, I think the problem you're on about is in the newer 2.2 D4D engines. Mine's the 2.0 ltr and the only big (and very rare) fault is with the dual mass flywheel.

Here's some pics of my mini Surf!

Comment

Working...
                      X