Time To Sell My Pride And Joy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Sell My Pride And Joy!!

A sad day indeed but the Surf is just not getting used these days. I'm down sizing from 3 cars to 2, so the BMW and the Surf are both going in favour of a smaller 4x4 (still a Toyota though). I will be keeping the Vitara for off roading.

The Surf will be appearing in the For Sale section shortly as I've just paid for the ad. Believe me, I really will be gutted to see one of the best vehicles I've ever owned go to someone else, but it is going to waste at the moment.

I'm sure someone would be very, very happy with this truck.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    A sad day indeed but the Surf is just not getting used these days. I'm down sizing from 3 cars to 2, so the BMW and the Surf are both going in favour of a smaller 4x4 (still a Toyota though). I will be keeping the Vitara for off roading.

The Surf will be appearing in the For Sale section shortly as I've just paid for the ad. Believe me, I really will be gutted to see one of the best vehicles I've ever owned go to someone else, but it is going to waste at the moment.

If only I had the spare dosh, mate. Hope you don't get crushed in the rush!

Comment

Wow that looks nice! How much are you asking? Ive been on the look out for a good surf for a while.
      Last edited by imotep; 8 January 2012, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by imotep View Post
        Wow that looks nice! How much are you asking? Ive been on the look out for a good surf for a while.
        It is nice, mate. Don't want to repeat everything I put in my ad, there is a lot of info, so just keep an eye open in the For Sale section, it should be appearing in there shortly.

Comment

Sweet looking truck, just like mine but with a sunroof.

If you fancy selling just the sunroof, I'll swap you a sunroof sized piece of roof to weld in its place???

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

add is live
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Thanks, Nigel.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation, but I really don't want to let the surf go. If I sell my caravan next week then she may be on here aswell.

I'll probably put it up for £10,000 so it won't sell & tell my other half that we are going to have to keep it because nobody wants it.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Well times is hard Jim but still sad to see it go i guess, if i had an ounce of common i'd get rid and go for a smaller motor, believe me i have thought about it, BUT i only have/need one vehicle and we dont have to use it on a daily basis so for now it stays, plus i enjoy doing stuff on it which i wouldn't enjoy on a smaller/newer car, so i guess you could call mine a hobby!
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers Ian, it wasn't an easy decision mate but this time I let my head rule me heart. Laura and I have 4 vehicles between the 2 of us and no matter how I try I just can't justify it.

Laura needs her Galaxy for the grandkids and my little Vitara is my off road hobby. I'm down grading (kind of) to a nice Rav4 so I'm sticking with Toyota anyway!

Comment

Working...
                    X