after market steel wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market steel wheels

Hi all I have a set of steel rim with mud tyres for the truck. The worry I have is that yes they fit on the studs but the don't locate on the end of the hub because the hole in the wheel is slightly bigger so only when you do the wheel nuts up dose it centralize . I have driven around for a while with then on and all seem good just concerns me there is a lot of load on the studs is this normal for a set of after market steel wheels ? Dose anybody else have a set on there truck like this ?
    Always up to my neck in it

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
    Hi all I have a set of steel rim with mud tyres for the truck. The worry I have is that yes they fit on the studs but the don't locate on the end of the hub because the hole in the wheel is slightly bigger so only when you do the wheel nuts up dose it centralize . I have driven around for a while with then on and all seem good just concerns me there is a lot of load on the studs is this normal for a set of after market steel wheels ? Dose anybody else have a set on there truck like this ?

I take it you have chamfered nuts, if so, I believe all wheels have some movement in them, that's why you tighten in sequence to help centralise the wheel on the hub.
    The rear of the wheel must sit on the hub face though. If you are saying there is a "gap" somehow then yes, all the weight is on the studs.
    Or do you mean they don't locate on the end of the STUD?????
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

The nuts are Chammferd they came with the wheels. I just spoke to the company I got them from and they said it is normal .the guy said all steel wheels will have about 4mm clearance around the centre thanks for the input tho wolfracer.just me worrying about nothing Im to used to perfect fitting alloys with no movment in them on porches and beemers

Comment

All Toyota wheels are 'lug' (Yank for wheel studs) centered, not hub centered, it shouldn't be tight on the hub.

Its also why you should get the tyre people to balence wheels on the stud holes, not just with a cone in the hub of the wheel.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the info tony I will remember that next time I need to balance my wheels. I actually have a stud adaptor for the wheel balancing machine at work only get to use is very rarely on alloys with no centre hole

Comment

Working...
          X